Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Pay your student loans, THEN use what's left over to play with. That's what I do after paying rent and car payments (of course). I would understand your trouble if you had high monthly payments. I'm an engineer as well, so I tend to have a little left over to play with :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
o yeah ive been paying double the minimum, but i coould pay more, and not get wheels. on the other hand having all season tires kinda sucks on the ST, really isnt much fun.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Part of that is most people falling into the instant gratification hole. I've fallen into that trap myself a few times...
Oh I fall into it sometimes, but I also now have the funds instead of having to look at my accounts. If people were taught how to maintain financially growing up I can guarantee most would not be in the debt they are today. A lot of people do not understand how many things work when it comes to interest, etc, etc.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Oh I fall into it sometimes, but I also now have the funds instead of having to look at my accounts. If people were taught how to maintain financially growing up I can guarantee most would not be in the debt they are today. A lot of people do not understand how many things work when it comes to interest, etc, etc.
Debt Free <------- :redspotdance:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
i know how it works, i undercut my loans and worked 2 jobs thru college. 100k is pretty easy to get if u get zero help. i took out loans for tuition and rent so i know no matter what that was taken care of, after that i paid for everything out of pocket.

Im not worried about getting out of debt, i make a good living for my age. the girlfriends parents paid for school and she has 3000% more disposable income than i do.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah I'll have about $80k in student loans, which isnn't as bad as some of my peers. Still not great though, I plan on paying that sucker off ASAP so I can afford an RS haha
Just gotta get out of this mod mindset and I'll be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah I'll have about $80k in student loans, which isnn't as bad as some of my peers. Still not great though, I plan on paying that sucker off ASAP so I can afford an RS haha
Just gotta get out of this mod mindset and I'll be fine.
$80k in student loans ???
I'm from Germany and we have about 40k euro student loans

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
$80k in student loans ???
I'm from Germany and we have about 40k euro student loans
Just depends on the school and where they are. Also, the amount of financial aid/scholarships can wildly vary. Private schools or the more elite schools can cost over $40k/year:

Some people have saved for college (or their parents have) and some work through college to help pay for it while they are attending.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just depends on the school and where they are. Also, the amount of financial aid/scholarships can wildly vary. Private schools or the more elite schools can cost over $40k/year:

Some people have saved for college (or their parents have) and some work through college to help pay for it while they are attending.
interesting statistics. a very illustrative situation for the 21st century is looming and forecasts are disappointing as far as I understand. Recently, I wrote an essay on a similar topic, collaborated with the service Truly the Best Essay Writing Service in the UK - Uk.EduBirdie.com. I highly recommend this service because their professionalism is at a very high level.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts