Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a stage 1 tune from FsWerks. I made sure to have a battery maintainer on (snap on EEBC500A) just to ensure no issues, while I performed the initial setup when you first install to vehicle. The options I chose from FSWERKS were rev hang delete, symposer delete, ags delete. When I first uploaded the stage 1 FSWERKS tune I noticed my ags was staying shut engine off, cold start, and at operating temps. Basically they never opened up. Everything else was great. I switched to the included cobb stage 1 91 octane tune, this seemed to fix my ags as now its stayed opened 100 percent. So I switched back to the fswerks tune, and for the first 30 seconds my gas gauge reads at empty, then reads fine. Now Im noticing my ags staying open like it should but my shift indicator is on again ( I thought I had this thing disabled?).

Ive attempted to contact FSWERKS about this and still waiting to hear back. It seems like features in the software are intermittenly not being uploaded everytime you upload that tune? I have proper voltage maintained and am waiting the 15 seconds as it states. So far, the issues only seem to be when uploading the FSWERKS tune. The first time my ags stayed close, the second time the shift assist was on again (requested to be deleted).

To be fair, other than this glitch both the cobb pre programmed tunes and the fswerks tune are great. Idling is much better than stock. Power delivery from both are much better. The features on the AP are awesome too.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have a tune through them too. I swap back and forth between it and cobbs ots stage 1 tune all the time. Just can't decide which one feels better to me yet. However i never use a maintainer. I just upload the tune and go. Maybe try without the maintainer on? Also is everything updated?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Having a maintainer wouldnt effect anything, as long as it actually is maintaining the proper amperage/voltage. I should check for updates. I just literally unboxed this thing.

I have been going back and forth as well. They both feel very similar minus the fswerks has the symposer deleted. Just depends on whether im in the mood for artificial engine noise or not. Its so quiet without it.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I checked for updates. My AP is up to date. I found something else that I have a question on. So, I went to install the pre programmed stage 1 map from cobb. With the stock tune my ags is closed when the engine is warming up. Im assuming this stage 1 from cobb deletes the ags since during cold start my ags was open.... but... One interesting thing is that when I look at the ags command gauge its measuring 100% commanded.

ok so no big deal, but when I load the FSWERKS tune back in, that same value, ags command, reads 0 %. Both are keeping my grille shutters open, but both are reading differently. The issue is both are doing the same thing but the gauge reading is opposite. There is another feature, AGS inf, that stays at 0% on the cobb. I havent seen what it reads on the FSWERKS tune. Maybe Im looking at the wrong one, but I just want to make sure that whatever gauge im looking at is accurate otherwise whats the point of monitoring an innaccurate gauge.lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts