Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,868 Posts
Alan @ Edge did a video on this recently, think it was the xdi extreme and he ran full e85 with the pm turbo
The horsepower ceiling for the powermax is significantly lower than the 28, 29, and 30 series turbos though.

·
Vendor
447 Posts
From what I've heard from various tuners and a Chevy DI fueling engineer, with just DI there isn't much of a benefit beyond E50.

With the XDI-60, injectors, and upgraded in-tank pump it's possible to run straight E85, or even E98, but depending on the turbo you may run out of fuel.

I'm putting in an XDI-EVO pump and RS injectors on my ST with the hopes to run a E45-E50 mix. Mainly for the cooling benefits, but it'll also be easier to mix.

·
Registered
165 Posts
From what I've heard from various tuners and a Chevy DI fueling engineer, with just DI there isn't much of a benefit beyond E50.

With the XDI-60, injectors, and upgraded in-tank pump it's possible to run straight E85, or even E98, but depending on the turbo you may run out of fuel.

I'm putting in an XDI-EVO pump and RS injectors on my ST with the hopes to run a E45-E50 mix. Mainly for the cooling benefits, but it'll also be easier to mix.
Will the RS injectors fit on the ST without doing too much? Why not use the XDI injectors? Just curious on your opinion.

·
Super Moderator
12,723 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,868 Posts
If memory serves me, the info is somewhere in one of @junits15 or @Habriant40 threads.

I recall the flow rates were listed in cc. Although I don't know over what timeframe.

I think the ST was rated at 1500cc and the RS was 1700cc.

But the RS 1700cc was rated at a much higher pressure than the Deutschworks 1700cc injectors.

There is absolutely a difference in the st and RS Injectors, though.

·
Registered
165 Posts

This has useful information about the injectors in post #2 but not the specs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts