Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used one

On the Turbo by Garrett home page they show the same compressor curve as the GEN1 turbo, so 48lbs/min but state 550bhp

I have a GTX2867 but also used a stroker kit so have a 2.3 sand some big cams so could do with a little more flow

Anyone know what the changes are, is it just the comp wheel and are these interchangeable ?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Gen II's haven't been seen in the wild just yet (at least not the smaller units). With the off-season I'm sure you will see some. That said when I contacted ATP they said they will not offer the Gen II GTX's with their Focus ST turbo system.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I know of someone who has a gtx2860 and just bought the gen II gtx2867 compressor wheel/housing to swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
816 Posts
Gen II's haven't been seen in the wild just yet (at least not the smaller units). With the off-season I'm sure you will see some. That said when I contacted ATP they said they will not offer the Gen II GTX's with their Focus ST turbo system.
That's dumb wonder why

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so my question now is are the Gen II parts just a different enducer and comp wheel and can i just put them on my Gen1 GTX2867 ?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
That's dumb wonder why

Guinea pigging a turbo isn't in my best interest but that's just because I don't like dishing 2+ thousand dollars on previously unseen and researched equipment. Haha

·
Registered
816 Posts
Guinea pigging a turbo isn't in my best interest but that's just because I don't like dishing 2+ thousand dollars on previously unseen and researched equipment. Haha
I mean I agree with you to an extent, but if it's the same as the original gtx2867 with just a different compressor wheel then there's not a huge amount of difference there

·
Registered
414 Posts
super late to the conversation. my gen 2 gtx2867 is in the mail from atp for our car.

Reactions: LuckyWelds

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
ATP is now shipping Gen II GTX turbos with the Focus ST kits.

Only the GTX 3071 is listed as Gen II but others should be available just call/email to make sure.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Purchased a GEN 2 GTX3071r. Will give a review once everything is on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts