Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
... Fingers crossed. I've already started building some apps.
Does anyone know if they plan to charge for Android Auto capability, it sounds like hardware is required for Car Play. Will hardware be required for the Android users?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
... Fingers crossed. I've already started building some apps.
Does anyone know if they plan to charge for Android Auto capability, it sounds like hardware is required for Car Play. Will hardware be required for the Android users?
No hardware is required for android auto capability, and therefore no charge is currently expected for the software update to Sync 3 V2.0 if all you want is to use Android Auto, Apple CarPlay requires a new MFI certified usb hub so it will be an extra cost upgrade.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No hardware is required for android auto capability, and therefore no charge is currently expected for the software update to Sync 3 V2.0 if all you want is to use Android Auto, Apple CarPlay requires a new MFI certified usb hub so it will be an extra cost upgrade.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just thought i would share. Still looks like they expect to have it out by the end of the year.

Please wait for a SYNC Agent to respond.
Joy says:
Hello Brian. My name is Joy, how can I help you?
Brian says:
I'm inquiring about android auto capability with my focus. The website has instructions on how to enable it, but my settings menu doesn't have the option. How do i enable it?
Joy says:
I can look in to this for you.
Joy says:
I hope you are enjoying your Focus so far, Brian! I understand that you are trying to use Android Auto, but your vehicle is not equipped with that feature. It will be provided through an update. The update is going to be released by the end of the year, but I do not have a date available for you at this time. Please keep an eye on your Ford Owner account for any notifications regarding the update here: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html
Brian says:
I love my new ford. The android auto was the cherry on top. Thanks for the feedback, i'll patiently wait.
Joy says:
You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that. Is there anything else I can assist you with at this time?
Brian says:
no, just let them know that there are a lot of us out there that are waiting for that update. Thanks!
Joy says:
Will do! I'm glad I could help! Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Checked the owner.ford... site, said my car updated this morning:big smile: ran out and checked.. no Android Auto :crying: Mean joke

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Checked the owner.ford... site, said my car updated this morning:big smile: ran out and checked.. no Android Auto :crying: Mean joke
what is this site, and how do we update our radio?

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts