Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing garageline's focus with the lower grill removed ive always wanted to see how it would look after seeing it, it looks badass. Someone should make a lower grill delete for the ST's something similiar to Roush's lower grill on the new 13-14 Mustang's. Think it will look badass and also help lower temps for FMIC's.

·
1,976 Posts
After seeing garageline's focus with the lower grill removed ive always wanted to see how it would look after seeing it, it looks badass. Someone should make a lower grill delete for the ST's something similiar to Roush's lower grill on the new 13-14 Mustang's. Think it will look badass and also help lower temps for FMIC's.
You can just remove the grill and be done with it, no need for a grill delete or spent money to do it. As far as removing it to help lower temps, I don't think that will do much since the grill already has a lot of flow through it (big openings).

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told there is some trimming involved or tabs that have to be taken off, plus it will look a little un-finished. I like the way Roush did theres for the Mustang's its an opening but has a black grill insert that goes around the hole area to look finished and clean.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts

the tabs are still in the middle so it doesnt matter really..

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
its looks better than that stock black piece. i actually am going to cut the tabs and **** off here soon, i just cant justify cutting my bumper so early into my payments haha

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I 100% agree with you thats why if someone would make something clean like the Roush Mustang grill it would be perfect and not looked unfinshed.

its looks better than that stock black piece. i actually am going to cut the tabs and **** off here soon, i just cant justify cutting my bumper so early into my payments haha

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I 100% agree with you thats why if someone would make something clean like the Roush Mustang grill it would be perfect and not looked unfinshed.
garageline did it to theirs and it looks beautiful. as long as the tabs are removed, it looks sick. you can see it here. this is the same idea i had, but i couldnt bring myself to do it yet.

IMG_7389-1080.gif

·
Registered
119 Posts
That looks really good and makes me want to go out cut my bumper up a bit. If I do i'll post results :s

garageline did it to theirs and it looks beautiful. as long as the tabs are removed, it looks sick. you can see it here. this is the same idea i had, but i couldnt bring myself to do it yet.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
In all honesty I'd be very concerned about that lower 'lip' flapping in the breeze without those struts.

tappin
part of the reason i didnt do it yet either. but to be honest, it seems pretty damn rigid right there so i honestly dont think youd need to be worried hell you could always reinforce it if need be

·
Registered
410 Posts
We had a guy in Capital ST Club work up what I think is a nice solution. He bought some of this in gloss black: customcargrills.com - Perforated Hex Aluminum Grill Mesh Sheets

And made this, which offers protection from stones and debris, opens up the airflow, and I think looks great:

mesh.jpg

I contacted Custom Car Grills and a gentleman named Matt emailed me back. All he needs is a template of our lower grill opening and he said he's willing to work something up. I just haven't had time to measure up a template. Does anyone happen to have a file with the dimensions?

·
Registered
341 Posts
My thought is do this as well. What I plan on doing is cutting off the complete middle part on the bottom and getting the Street Scene lip with the struts kinda like this
IMG_7389-1080.gif

·
Registered
341 Posts
Do you think you would notice the tabs if they were painted black and you weren't eye level and 6 inches from them?
I doubt it. Plus it's a super small area that would be "blemished" ... easy fix? Find the closest nail polish in color and use that to touch up the "paint" ... save yourself a good $20+ for a color matched paint pen.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts