Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put stoptech ss lines all around and ebc yellow pads with factory rotors and brakes calipers. I am gonna be going the rs big brake route . Just wondering if there is any value to the factory stuff. Only have 3800 miles on car to date. The yellow ebc have been on for 1200 miles now . There great but need more before I go big turbo .

·
Registered
651 Posts
I put stoptech ss lines all around and ebc yellow pads with factory rotors and brakes calipers. I am gonna be going the rs big brake route . Just wondering if there is any value to the factory stuff. Only have 3800 miles on car to date. The yellow ebc have been on for 1200 miles now . There great but need more before I go big turbo .
I'd say so. The OEM pads are like 100 bucks just for the front new. Not sure about the calipers, or if anyone would need them.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Shipping will potential hurt the resale value, weight and all. A local buyer would be a decent option. Guys with '13s would probably be into them for a cheaper upgrade. I would also think some non-ST's would be interested in an upgrade as well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Good luck selling them.. ive had a set of st front rotors and pads with only 2500mi off my 2017 st and cant get rid of them..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Shipping will potential hurt the resale value, weight and all. A local buyer would be a decent option. Guys with '13s would probably be into them for a cheaper upgrade. I would also think some non-ST's would be interested in an upgrade as well.
I believe the calipers are the same; I know the rotor is larger and the pads and mounting bracket are different. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So with ss lines yellow ebc pads calipers and brackets with factory 13.1 rotors 250 shipped con usa be good ?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
So with ss lines yellow ebc pads calipers and brackets with factory 13.1 rotors 250 shipped con usa be good ?
That would be totally dependant on if anyone with a 2013-early2014 (I say this because everyone else probably already has the 13.1" rotors) was in the market for that kind of thing.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I couldn't sell mine locally. No one actually races on a track here, and we prefer to just talk shi* on facebook instead. :doh:
Shipping would have been REALLY expensive. Perhaps 50lbs, per side!

I was going remove the caliper brackets, give to a buddy for free, and send the rest to a local scraper. That's what they are worth to me.

·
Registered
651 Posts
If you don't regularly track the car, the OEM pads are actually really good for OEM. I'd replace mine with OEM in a heartbeat if I didn't track and could snag a set cheap.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Maybe try to sell them to focus SE/Ti owners, in my area there is a Ford Focus group with more SE owners than ST/RS owners

·
Registered
483 Posts
Id be interested to try to install them on my wifes Fusion. I have upgraded her suspension a bit and her rotor and calipers look smaller than the ones on my Focus. They could probably be shipped in a USPS flat rate box. Not looking too spend a bunch but send me what you would be willing to take and may be willing to experiment with them. I don't need the pads though. She is not going to race. I would just like to improve the car so I would probably use ceramic pads.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The OEM calipers are stupid cheap new. Like, cheaper than a set of brake pads. No kidding. With shipping and sending back the core, I think I paid $40 a side for new OEM calipers. The core charge might have been $20.

I strongly suggest keeping them around after the BBK install. There might be a day when you need to remove the new calipers and send them out to be serviced. Ask me how I know!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The OEM calipers are stupid cheap new. Like, cheaper than a set of brake pads. No kidding. With shipping and sending back the core, I think I paid $40 a side for new OEM calipers. The core charge might have been $20.

I strongly suggest keeping them around after the BBK install. There might be a day when you need to remove the new calipers and send them out to be serviced. Ask me how I know!
Hi, where did you find the OEM calipers at that price? I've only seen much higher prices, even for second hand. Thanks

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hi, where did you find the OEM calipers at that price? I've only seen much higher prices, even for second hand. Thanks
Rockauto.com lists them for as low $28 for re-manufactured ones. Shipping and the Core charge will get you though.
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...harged,3310290,brake+&+wheel+hub,caliper,1704

I normally try to buy heavy items (especially ones with a core charge) locally so i dont have to deal with shipping. Advanceauto usually has the best prices (and a 15-25% code available when buying online to pick up in store.) They arent showing any in stock though but similar prices to rockauto

·
Registered
315 Posts
If you don't regularly track the car, the OEM pads are actually really good for OEM. I'd replace mine with OEM in a heartbeat if I didn't track and could snag a set cheap.
The pads work surprisingly well on track too. I've had 4 track days (TNiA) and several autocross events on mine and fully expected them to fail inspection this past December. No fail, still 5/12 good. Too bad my car got trashed on Sunday...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks.
You guys are spoiled for choice in the US. Not available at all in Thailand, and $100 each from a wreckers in Australia! Luckily I have a couple of friends happy to mule car parts for me.. Cheers

·
Registered
651 Posts
The pads work surprisingly well on track too. I've had 4 track days (TNiA) and several autocross events on mine and fully expected them to fail inspection this past December. No fail, still 5/12 good. Too bad my car got trashed on Sunday...
:[ what happened?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts