Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed prokit springs on my stock shocks about 80k miles ago and they are just now starting to get rough. Should I replace them with new stock shocks or is there a better option?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
In with Bilstein B8's before someone else says it lol.

Reactions: Ginger_snaps4

·
Super Moderator
9,492 Posts
Installed prokit springs on my stock shocks about 80k miles ago and they are just now starting to get rough. Should I replace them with new stock shocks or is there a better option?
As others have already stated, Bilstein B8's are a good choice. I have the Pro Kit and B8's and am very pleased.

·
Registered
738 Posts
In with Bilstein B8's before someone else says it lol.

lol......beat me to it. Just installed B8's in mine 2 weeks ago ( with Swift Springs )......first time getting Bilsteins. Always had cheaped out before and stayed on stockers or gotten something like Tokico Blues. You can actually feel the quality of these things after 1/2 mile of driving......the performance of them. Like nothing I ever experienced........and that's in sub-freezing temps. So glad I took the advice of Angrychair and others and grabbed B8's.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car is bouncy and almost feels like it's floating...that means my stock shocks are bad right?

Where's the best place to buy b8s?

·
Registered
593 Posts
My car is bouncy and almost feels like it's floating...that means my stock shocks are bad right?

Where's the best place to buy b8s?
Absolutely. Under-damped, so those shocks/struts are done for I believe.

Not sure where to get B8s alone, but I'm installing mine on Monday on my day off! Mountune's clubsport pairs the B8s with their springs. Totally agree with everyone above!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts