Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 14 Focus st with some mods on it from a dealership, they had no idea what is in it. I am fine that there are mods in it but since I am newer with the focus st, I don’t have the keen eye for finding everything that is in the car. Before I start buying upgrades I have to figure out what is in it. Any recommendations for a shop would be appreciated!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Whereabouts in NOVA?

I had my FMIC and RMM installed at MachV Motorsports in Sterling. I believe the owner there (Dan) owns a Focus RS. I'm sure they could help you out. There are a few good shops in that area. There's also PTuning in Manassas. I haven't used them, but heard some good things.

https://machv.com/pages/about-us

For my everyday maintenance I use Advanced Auto Tech in Newington, VA. The folks there are easy to work with, have reasonable rates, and have gone out of there way in the past to make sure I'm satisified. I've been going there for almost 10 years.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whereabouts in NOVA?

I had my FMIC and RMM installed at MachV Motorsports in Sterling. I believe the owner there (Dan) owns a Focus RS. I'm sure they could help you out. There are a few good shops in that area. There's also PTuning in Manassas. I haven't used them, but heard some good things.

For my everyday maintenance I use Advanced Auto Tech in Newington, VA. The folks there are easy to work with, have reasonable rates, and have gone out of there way in the past to make sure I'm satisified. I've been going there for almost 10 years.

Thanks for the fast reply!
I am currently in stafford, I don’t mind taking a drive to a shop that is very reputable. I will look some of the ones up that you mentioned.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Stafford? That's more like southern northern virginia. Haha... Nice area though!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stafford? That's more like southern northern virginia. Haha... Nice area though!!!
I commute up in that direction, that’s why I said NoVA haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the fast reply!
I am currently in stafford, I don’t mind taking a drive to a shop that is very reputable. I will look some of the ones up that you mentioned.

@Oratic did you get the blue ST3? had a intake manifold, cold air intake, and motor mounts? if so, i almost bought that one, had a hard time deciding between that one and the tuxedo black one i ended up getting. Biggest reason was the color and i didnt like the pushy sales man in Stafford.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it from Leckner. And it definitely feels like there is more in the car than just the things you can see and hear lol. @booSTed2014

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had a negative experience at MachV couple weeks ago. I drove allll the way out there (from Woodbridge) and loitered in the lobby for like 10 minutes, waiting for some help, or anybody to greet me or tal to me. The guy at the desk just sat there playing on the computer and answering phone calls a couple times. Customer service/professionalism was acutely lacking, combined with the melee of random car parts and boxes strewn about the "showroom", means I'll probably not go back. And PTuning was nicer, but their prices are astronomical.
The search continues...

·
Registered
36 Posts
pruning is awesome, they have done work on my track S2000’s and lowering springs on my Audi A5. Great shop, great customer service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts