Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members from San Antonio, have seen just a few ST' s in my area (north east side). Any meets in San Antonio?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Don't know of any meets but I terrorize the West/Southwest side.
Potranco, Culebra to be exact. Seen a few ST's out here in fact there is a TB here at my complex that I imagine belongs to someone on base.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply tinman5, do you know of any good shops here in San Antonio to install parts or do tuning. Here on the north east side I have only seen maybe 1 or 2 at the most.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I do my own installs and as far as tuning goes, I was going to hit up JMS off of West Avenue just inside 410. I believe they are Cobb pro tuners although I do not know how ST intensive they are. They do a butt load of work on Evo's and Subies but dabble in all forms of fast cars. You may want to give them a call.
If it's a simple bolt on type thing I am always glad to give a hand. With the exception of my exhaust I installed everything else. Which isn't much actually; intake, down pipe, intercooler the awesome FS Werks short shifter. Will be installing my coilovers once they arrive as well as charge pipes and a couple suspension bits.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tinman where did you get your exhaust installed and what brand do you have. I'm thinking about getting an exhaust system and downpipe, saw a video on installing the downpipe, but not sure I'll have the patience(lol) to do so after watching the install video.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I went with the Magnaflow. Purchased from Performance Peddler using the "make an offer" option. Bought Magnaflow for both the ST and my B7 A4 and saved a LOT. Paid $515 shipped for the ST exhaust and recieved it in about a business week.
Had it installed at a big(er) mom 'n pop shop off of Grissom just before Tezel and paid about $80. Kinda high but I honestly didn't feel like farting with the damn thing laying on my back so it was worth it. As for the downpipe the most aggravating part for me was setting the V-band clamp onto the new pipe. That and disconnecting the O2 sensor. Still had everything buttoned up in a couple hours working leisurely.
Sorry for the late reply, oil field life is devoid of time.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, appreciate the info. Maybe we can meet sometime.

·
Registered
784 Posts
No worries. Like I said, if you would like a hand doing some wrenching, it's an open offer. Always down to meet a fellow car guy.
Unfortunately, as mentioned, my work schedule rotates around a 6 on 3 off week so my days off are changing weekly.
Feel free to pm anytime though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any one else in San Antonio??

·
Registered
784 Posts
There are more than a few guys I have run into that spend time on the Facebook group. I don't mess with it personally as its a closed group and I also don't have a Facebook account.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey arkangel I'm also in sa around the 410 90 area by Lackland afb going to the tint world meet coming up always looking to hang with fellow car guys .

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey nathanfair, I'm on the notheast side close to Randolph/FT. Sam area. You got a red ST also? Where is this tint worl meet at?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I used to live by 410 and the 10 interchange and worked at McCombs Ford West. I'm in LA now. I will be going back to SA in the near future so I'm excited to see the ST has some life there lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey utsamtber, what part of San Antonio you from?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im also located in San Antonio, northwest side near UTSA. C&C is over here by my place every 2nd Saturday but i am sick of looking at the 324324 5th gen camaros and mustangs that completely envelope the entire parking lot (not that theres anything wrong with that, those cars just aren't my bag). Any other good meets in the area with something a little more interesting to look at? And where to do yall autoX? Lets get a SA ST meet brewing!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts