Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our free 6 months is almost up - any good deals?

i think they got rid of the $399 for life deals - right?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just re-upped with them a couple of weeks ago...Their current promo is $60 for 6 months for all channels, and then normal price after that or $30 for 6 months for all channels BUT sports, and then reg price after that. You can cancel at the 6 month mark and get whatever their new promo is. You used to be able to haggle their prices more in the past, but I think they axed that because they will tell you to kick rocks...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been getting the 6 months for $30 for years now...they fight with me every time I renew. But, they always renew at that price rather than not renew.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
When my trial ran-out, They kept sending me 'reduced rates' offers, each week the price dropped more and more.
Just wait them out, or call a cust. service rep, and negotiate a lower price. (tell them it's not worth the $$, lol)
I think I pay $20/month for the satellite service and the Travel Link. For $5 more I can add the 'streaming service' lets you listen over the web.(PC/ network devices).
Good Luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sirius XM sound quality is the pits, you're looking at 4 kb/s - 64 kb/s max. When I listen to music via sirius I notice entire frequency ranges missing from the music.
I listened to it for all about 5 min before plugging in a portable SSD drive into my sync USB connector with 120GB of music on it, I never looked back.
You shouldn't spend money on that trash.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Sirius XM sound quality is the pits, you're looking at 4 kb/s - 64 kb/s max. When I listen to music via sirius I notice entire frequency ranges missing from the music.
I listened to it for all about 5 min before plugging in a portable SSD drive into my sync USB connector with 120GB of music on it, I never looked back.
You shouldn't spend money on that trash.
Apparently Canada quality is worse than it is where I live. It's perfect >90% of the time until I enter hilly/mountainous areas or go down a road beside a cliff. And harsh blizzards.

Funny thing about it though is that I pay my membership fees and listen to Spotify 24/7...I should probably cancel it lol.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Apparently Canada quality is worse than it is where I live. It's perfect >90% of the time until I enter hilly/mountainous areas or go down a road beside a cliff. And harsh blizzards.

Funny thing about it though is that I pay my membership fees and listen to Spotify 24/7...I should probably cancel it lol.
I did not know that. That sucks because they do have good channels on Sirius and I wouldn't mind paying but yeah the quality is just not there.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I dropped them a few years back and I STILL get "reduced pricing now!" offers all the time. I actually blocked their e-mails. As mentioned before I would say I was going to cancel every time at the end of six months and they would give me a reduced rate. At one point I got a year free because they screwed up and double billed me on a card I had specifically asked to be removed.

I see it as a dying breed. They are struggling to keep people signed up. I admit there are great channels, but between pod casts, spotify, soundcloud, pandora, etc...people have too many options.

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
I dropped them a few years back and I STILL get "reduced pricing now!" offers all the time. I actually blocked their e-mails. As mentioned before I would say I was going to cancel every time at the end of six months and they would give me a reduced rate. At one point I got a year free because they screwed up and double billed me on a card I had specifically asked to be removed.

I see it as a dying breed. They are struggling to keep people signed up. I admit there are great channels, but between pod casts, spotify, soundcloud, pandora, etc...people have too many options.
5 years now, same offer every couple days. Its obnoxious. Their sound quality sucks and it costs way too much. In their early days I was a subscriber for years, before bluetooth audio and smartphones. Its just gotten too expensive and too lousy.

Text Font Document Line Paper

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
5 years now, same offer every couple days. Its obnoxious. Their sound quality sucks and it costs way too much. In their early days I was a subscriber for years, before bluetooth audio and smartphones. Its just gotten too expensive and too lousy.

View attachment 196345
I think the (IMO) poor sound quality is what really chapped my buns. You already give up some quality with MP3 and BT streaming, but satellite sounded like it was barely better than FM. Certainly worse the HDFM.

Not trying to hijack this thread. By all means the programming is great and if you want it then you want it. I think we just started a tangent by accident.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts

View attachment 196345
Is that Yahoo?! Eww I wouldn't dare be using yahoo after that mess they were in when it's basically guaranteed that your account info was at one point compromised. Now that Verizon bought them maybe it'll be better.

They send me those emails too religiously and I HAVE the freaking service. So annoying.

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
Is that Yahoo?! Eww I wouldn't dare be using yahoo after that mess they were in when it's basically guaranteed that your account info was at one point compromised. Now that Verizon bought them maybe it'll be better.

They send me those emails too religiously and I HAVE the freaking service. So annoying.
Its a junk account for when I have to use an email address, don't really care. lol

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Its a junk account for when I have to use an email address, don't really care. lol
In that case, not much of a problem. Lol just don't link it to any accounts! Those guys have serious security issues

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I have unlimited data so I just stream everything.

Sent from another garage.
Spotify Premium autodownloads saved songs when you're on WiFi so that replaced the radio all together at this point and saves my data consumption. #win

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
so what are all those apps then? they depend on Sirius? or WiFi connections?
Only the 'Travel link' uses Sirius, and that's only if you have the Navigation. It adds points of interests to the maps, and you can get weather updates, and shopping/ parking and other info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I listened to it for all about 5 min...You shouldn't spend money on that trash.
Man, thats the truth. It's like listening to celophane rattling in the wind, the compression is so ugly. The only reason I can think to keep it is if you like to listen to Stern. Personally, I wouldn't pay a dime a year for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts