Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to check and see who is in Georgia. Savannah/Hinesville is my home town but live about an hour and a half south on St. Simons Island. Spotted a white ST two days ago on the island and I know there is someone with a black RS. Looking to make a trip to the mountains come spring to put the new ST through its paces.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am in GA, but not too close to you. I am about midway between Atlanta and Athens. We drive up to the mountains a good bit, but we are always in the minivan as, we have 3 small kids. Been wanting to take the ST up. Every time we go, my wife has to hear me talk about how I wish we were in my car...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in GA, but not too close to you. I am about midway between Atlanta and Athens. We drive up to the mountains a good bit, but we are always in the minivan as, we have 3 small kids. Been wanting to take the ST up. Every time we go, my wife has to hear me talk about how I wish we were in my car...
Hey gotta keep those priorities man I totally understand.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Georgia here, in the Warner Robins area. I'd love to get up to the mountains sometime too. Check the Atlanta ST/RS group, or the STampede the Dragon groups, they organize and head up to the Tail of the Dragon from time to time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Georgia here, in the Warner Robins area. I'd love to get up to the mountains sometime too. Check the Atlanta ST/RS group, or the STampede the Dragon groups, they organize and head up to the Tail of the Dragon from time to time.
Cool I will check those out. I have my eye on the Mountune MR300 package and the Quaife LSD, but it is going to be a bit. Definitely not before Spring time....lol. Probably would be best for me to do a trip in stock form first and really get to know the car on some good roads so I can get a better idea of what I want to do with it. Is the Atlanta ST/RS groups on this forum or FB? Thank for the info!

Edit: I found the group on FB...lol.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
MR300 & LSD FTW! :big smile:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah I meant to say there were on FB, glad you found them anyway!

You guys are way out ahead of me with the performance mods. Just minor cosmetic mods so far along with a FSWerks short shifter and green filter (installing that today) for me. No other performance mods planned until I am out from under warranty and then only minor stuff since this is my long term daily driver. Maybe a tune and a little suspension work and that'll be it. Still such a fun car though!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I meant to say there were on FB, glad you found them anyway!

You guys are way out ahead of me with the performance mods. Just minor cosmetic mods so far along with a FSWerks short shifter and green filter (installing that today) for me. No other performance mods planned until I am out from under warranty and then only minor stuff since this is my long term daily driver. Maybe a tune and a little suspension work and that'll be it. Still such a fun car though!
Yeah it is going to be a bit, maybe this summer, before I start doing anything. And I am in the same boat this is my DD and I am not even sure I want to do anything until the warranty is out. Not sure I can make it three years though...lol.

Kind of changed up my plan as well after realizing JST is in Dublin. Knowing they are that close and very reputable, I am thinking just CP-E Dry Flow Intake, CP-E Exhale w/ TIAL Q BOV, CP-E RMM Stage 2, JST FMIC kit, symposer delete, and a resonator delete. I'm 38 and can't abide the overly loud and droning exhaust. When I had my GT500 I didn't mind it being loud. The loud from a V8 is much more bearable compared to an I4. I think this setup with a dyno tune from JST will be a fun DD while not being to over the top. The main thing I miss from the GT500 is the gobs of torque. This car has that feeling and is a blast to drive just in stock form, but I think it could use a little more. I am still on the fence about the LSD though for a DD.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like a solid plan. I always forget they are so close also. Have you ever been to the shop there or do they even have a physical storefront? I'm 38 also and grew up with Mustangs so some more torque would be great. I think I will go with the Ford Performance tune for that reason. As far as sound goes, I am good with just the extra intake/turbo sound from the Green Filter and once the FP tune is in it will change up the symposer and take care of that. I doubt I will do anything with the exhaust. I have thought about the RMM as well, but I don't want the extra vibration that supposedly goes with it. I need to ride in a car that has one to get a proper feel for it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't been to the shop yet. I know they have a garage there with dyno and such, but not sure if they have an actual physical storefront as well. I know all the parts I have picked out are available through their website though. Just did some email conversation with them today about my plans and some questions I had. Definitely informative and detailed in the response. Gonna wait on the LSD and revisit it if down the road some years I decide to convert the car to a track/auto-cross car.

Everyone I have seen that has posted about having the FRPP tune said it is an absolute torque monster. Would definitely be fun for sure...lol. I am still freaked out a little about how these cars gain torque so quickly just from tuning.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's great, I have heard nothing but good things about them. I will probably reach out when later this year when its time for the FRPP tune. Might go ahead and let them install that and lower the car at the same time. I think you won't regret waiting on the LSD.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's great, I have heard nothing but good things about them. I will probably reach out when later this year when its time for the FRPP tune. Might go ahead and let them install that and lower the car at the same time. I think you won't regret waiting on the LSD.
Yeah I definitely won't regret waiting on that. I will do it at some point when the clutch needs to be replaced that way can do everything in one shot, but I tend to not burn up clutches so it will be a while. In the meantime I did find on the JST site their traction bar. Read up on it a little and it seems like a really good way to go for only ~$125. A lot of bang for the buck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm in Hinesville, GA never thought I'd find another owner on here lol
I grew up in Hinesville....lol. Live down in St. Simons now. Yeah check out the Savannah ST/RS group on Facebook. There is also a Camden County group and we mingle with the North Florida ST Group as well.

My parents still live up in Hinesville so you might see my car around there every once in a while.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Checking in from Gainesville, Ga. I have been wondering if there were going to be any ST folks going into the mountains. Also seems like everyone is 38 here, never thought that would happen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I grew up in Hinesville....lol. Live down in St. Simons now. Yeah check out the Savannah ST/RS group on Facebook. There is also a Camden County group and we mingle with the North Florida ST Group as well.

My parents still live up in Hinesville so you might see my car around there every once in a while.
Haha my wife & I thought about moving to St. Simons but the drive to fort stewart would be horrible

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Checking in from Gainesville, Ga. I have been wondering if there were going to be any ST folks going into the mountains. Also seems like everyone is 38 here, never thought that would happen.
Should jump on the Atlanta ST/RS facebook group. A few folks just did a mountain run this past weekend.

Haha my wife & I thought about moving to St. Simons but the drive to fort stewart would be horrible
Yeah it does suck. I did it for 4 years when I was working up there at the Sim Center on Evans Field. Finally was able to score a job here in Brunswick. 3 hours a day on the road was just too much.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts