Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, there are many anti-lag posts I have read through but none seem to just give a clear answer, so what I am wanting to know, on a big turbo build is it possible to put an anti lag system in the car?

·
Registered
344 Posts
First off, there are many anti-lag posts I have read through but none seem to just give a clear answer, so what I am wanting to know, on a big turbo build is it possible to put an anti lag system in the car?
There is launch control and flat foot shifting both of these work perfect. I am using said features on a BT at the moment and they work flawlessly. Unless you are going to run a GTX3582r you won't need the excessive popping and fire balls associated with the anti lag you are thinking about.

The above stands true if you are interested in the performance aspect of the car it does not apply if you are pining to be one of those guys who rock up to a car meet and shows off their hectic bang bang fire balls which result in cops showing up and all the girls getting moist.

On your signature it doesn't mention a BT. Have you gone BT or are you going BT?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is launch control and flat foot shifting both of these work perfect. I am using said features on a BT at the moment and they work flawlessly. Unless you are going to run a GTX3582r you won't need the excessive popping and fire balls associated with the anti lag you are thinking about.

The above stands true if you are interested in the performance aspect of the car it does not apply if you are pining to be one of those guys who rock up to a car meet and shows off their hectic bang bang fire balls which result in cops showing up and all the girls getting moist.

On your signature it doesn't mention a BT. Have you gone BT or are you going BT?
Planning on a big turbo soon, not sure which one I am going to do yet. Mainly I was curious if it could be done. You are right about the just showing off part lol.

·
Vendor
593 Posts
I'm not worried about launch control. I want rolling antilag, and anti lag FFS so I don't drop from 23 to 14 psi between shifts. @Braden @ COBB is this possible?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm not worried about launch control. I want rolling antilag, and anti lag FFS so I don't drop from 23 to 14 psi between shifts. @Braden @ COBB is this possible?
Have you tried FFS on your K03? it shouldn't be dropping much pressure and if it is you could get around that by controlling the throttle plate speak to your tuner, rolling antilag is going to be overkill on a K03. When I have used FFS on a much bigger turbo (GTX2867r) it has worked at treat.

·
Vendor
593 Posts
Have you tried FFS on your K03? it shouldn't be dropping much pressure and if it is you could get around that by controlling the throttle plate speak to your tuner, rolling antilag is going to be overkill on a K03. When I have used FFS on a much bigger turbo (GTX2867r) it has worked at treat.
https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200147559-Flat-Foot-Shifting-FFS-in-Action

I lose about 7-8 psi between shifts. FFS will be better with a big turbo that peaks boost at higher rpm, but my x37 tapers from 28.5 to 23 by redline so between shifts I'm at 14.5->15 psi and back to 23/24 at 5k+ rpm. Would still be nice to have rolling anti lag for bigger turbos like 6266 and 6466 or gt35r

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
When you flat foot shift on a tune set up with proper flat foot shifting do you really lose that much pressure?

A 3582r on a Focus ST...now that I want to see.

·
Vendor
593 Posts
When you flat foot shift on a tune set up with proper flat foot shifting do you really lose that much pressure?

TBH i'll probably be running a 6266 with stock head, but I just threw that out as an example. I've been dialing in my aux fuel and have 60+ data logs, I lose about 35% boost between FFS, but if I don't FFS the car goes into vacuum between shifts, this is with the throttle open the whole time. Cobb has written all kinds of ecu plugins called CCF, I don't see why they couldn't add in rolling anti lag if enough people wanted it. Ford oem ecu is way better than most aftermarkets.

·
Registered
344 Posts

Check edge motorsports build thread. Cpe make a kit with the 3582

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I spoke with Alex from stratified and asked if I can build more boost in 2 step. And he says the only way to do that is by messing with timing so using WOT Box which I definitely won't be doing. But I did go big turbo and I've been wondering about antilag for a while also and this thread lead me to more disappointment with unanswered questions. I want to be the asshole showing off with antilag rather than my ewg hood dump that blows fire during 2 step ?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
all I know is using FFS as a rolling 2 step at 5k in m car sounds f'ing phenomenal. I tested it out a while back. I only did it for all of like 2 second but yeah.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts