Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
They both work the same way, just different shapes. Once is a L, one is a more curved piece. Screw one end into the downpipe, then screw the o2 sensor into it. It removes the o2 sensor from the exhaust stream so it will see lower levels of pollutants and in turn trick the car into thinking a catalytic converter is removing them.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They both work the same way, just different shapes. Once is a L, one is a more curved piece. Screw one end into the downpipe, then screw the o2 sensor into it. It removes the o2 sensor from the exhaust stream so it will see lower levels of pollutants and in turn trick the car into thinking a catalytic converter is removing them.
Awsome thank you

· Registered
275 Posts
All I can say is the Dormans will not work without modification due to the length of our CMS sensor body.

· Registered
1,978 Posts
The inserts restrict the opening. Some may still see a mil illuminated with no insert. Some put the middle size insert and it is what works for them.

· Administrator
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,348 Posts
I use a Vibrant "J" style with the medium insert on my CJPP Catless DP. My rear O2 is turned on, and i have not gotten any codes.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
I have a DIY Dorman defouler just laying around if you want it, free of charge. I didn't have a drill bit big enough to bore it out so the O2 sensor could fit. I just ended buying the J shaped Vibrant defouler.

· Registered
1,978 Posts
Anyone using the vibrant with no insert and not getting codes?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.