Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was going to get a stubby antenna but I was talking to my friend and he said why don't you just take the antenna off and leave it like that? And I never use the radio. So I was wondering if there's any type of cap that would screw into where the antenna goes so there's no exposed hole?

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I was going to get a stubby antenna but I was talking to my friend and he said why don't you just take the antenna off and leave it like that? And I never use the radio. So I was wondering if there's any type of cap that would screw into where the antenna goes so there's no exposed hole?
I had to shorten my stock antenna when I did my DIY wing riser. I went to the auto parts store and got a package of misc sized vacuum caps. Found one that fit and looks almost good as stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think OP wants to just screw something in to replace the antenna and eliminate it entirely.

I just went out and looked at mine... looks like a #10/24, maybe a quarter inch deep. It might be 5mm if it's metric. As for covering the bolt, you can get screw caps made out of plastic.

Otherwise, you can get one of those little shark fin cover things and put that over the whole thing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
go to Ace Hardware, gaurenteed you can piece something together. Those bins hold bolts and all kinds of magic bits.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
The stubby is only $15-20, not too bad at all - but as you said, you don't use the radio so there's really no need. You can probably get an ebay antenna for 5 bucks. Or cut the stock antenna and put a heat shrink wrap on the end.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Just my 2 cents, any future owners of the car may prefer you had left the radio antenna in working condition. I know the procedure can likely be reversed but many people do not see it that way. Same if I were a dealer trading your car in, of course we can easily fix it for $20 but just for that -$500 value because who knows what else you ****ed with.

I do not ever want to sell my Focus either but the only thing thats certain is change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@straightline All I want to do is unscrew my antenna put a little cap on the hole and that's it. If I ever wanted to sell it or have an antenna again all I'd have to do is take off the cap and screw the antenna back in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts