Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was driving a little bit too fast and couldn't turn as I wanted because oversteer. No one was hurt and I just have some scratches, the ST is a very safe car.
Vehicle Car Crash Collision Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Night Mid-size car Subcompact car

Vehicle Car Vehicle door Family car Auto part

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
#partout

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
And people wonder why I like drag racing as my preferred motorsport activity.

Very little chance to hit anything.

·
Vendor
725 Posts

relax, it'll buff right out

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Curious that the shift knob is gone, the car is wadded up and thrown away and the first thing done is unscrew the knob? Maybe as a souvenir.
After the crash I uninstalled every mod I could. That was a JBR knob, also uninstalled the accessport and a dead pedal.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Part out will be a little difficult as I'm in Mexico , besides the car still runs hahaha maybe it will get repaired.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Part out will be a little difficult as I'm in Mexico , besides the car still runs hahaha maybe it will get repaired.
If Mexican insurance companies are even 50% like American insurance companies, your car will definitely not be repaired after this. I wouldn't even want to own it if they did repair it lol it'll never drive right again. So sad to see :( It's cool that you admit you were driving a little too fast though, but I'm glad nobody was hurt or else this would be considerably less cool.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Lol, here comes djfourmoney with his $0.02 that makes no sense. As if drag racing hasn't cost people's lives or there have never been crashes. **** you can not be racing on the street and hit a patch of black ice, without knowing, and total your car.

What do I know? :crazy:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hopefully the insurance companies are somewhat similar, i'm having some troubles with them currently. Lesson learnt for sure, thank you.

·
Registered
696 Posts

Unless you’re REALLY messing up, you don’t get those lateral G’s when drag racing. And, I LOVE the lateral G’s! (Who doesn’t?!!)

To my mind, it’s either track days or auto-cross. Anyone can drive in a straight line fast.

@piyul, glad you’re safe and learned the lesson!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts