Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing a fair bit of research on WMI but I'd like some input from the experienced members.

I'm currently stage 3 and planning to go BT most likely next year. I still need to do a little more prep work before hand, such as BOV and figuring out injector locations. The cold side CPE/JBR kits look to be too close in terms of clearance for my liking, so I plan on going the 3p hotside BOV location for easier installation.

As far as WMI injector locations, is there any real tangible benefit between injecting at the throttle body vs the cold side pipe? Seems to be a few conflicting views on the matter.

Also, how crucial is a fail safe such as the Guardian Angel? Would the Aquamist kit with solenoid valve make the GA unnecessary?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Alrighty, so. Cold side CPE kit is a perfect fitment to maximize pipe id and still clear everything. I run one with a Tial bov and it's tight but good. As far as the function of a bov, you want it approximately 6 inches from the throttle body. People argue this and say it doesn't matter, but that's what the makers of bov say, so that's what I did.

As far as wmi injection locations, I run it in at my 2 port injection location. It atomizes fine and according to Stratified, there's no difference between cold side piping injection and throttle body. Now if you do individual port injection and tap the manifold, that's when there's a difference. It's unnecessary unless you're trying to go big big numbers. But your tuner will ask where it's injected at and make the necessary adjustments for maximum efficiency.

Lastly, the fail safe. I only run wmi for safety purposes. Meaning, I'm not relying on it for power. If it sprays empty or fails, my tune will correct for it. I just use it for the octane bump and cooling factor. Now if your using it to really push past where you're at, I suggest talking to you tuner about the limitations and if you should run a GA. The solenoid is only necessary if your running tb injection, because it'll suck the methanol with it spraying. I run a snow performance solenoid. 2 wire hookup with the AEM progressive kit.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've been doing a fair bit of research on WMI but I'd like some input from the experienced members.

I'm currently stage 3 and planning to go BT most likely next year. I still need to do a little more prep work before hand, such as BOV and figuring out injector locations. The cold side CPE/JBR kits look to be too close in terms of clearance for my liking, so I plan on going the 3p hotside BOV location for easier installation.

As far as WMI injector locations, is there any real tangible benefit between injecting at the throttle body vs the cold side pipe? Seems to be a few conflicting views on the matter.

Also, how crucial is a fail safe such as the Guardian Angel? Would the Aquamist kit with solenoid valve make the GA unnecessary?
I have the Aquamist system with the fail safe and tuned for it. I have complete faith in the fail safe system. Its been in now for 25k miles and no problems. I have also switched engines (see mountain road racer build) and the tear down on the stock engine showed it in perfect condition with clean valves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts