Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
With what I see in this thread for Mountune, the Whiteline front swaybars are okay (but not impressive). The Steeda +25% front swaybar would be about as large as the Mountune springs should have. In the rear, the Mountune springs should be paired only with light rear swaybars. Whiteline rear is rather aggressive by comparison and will generate a lot of wheel lift.

The B14 spring rates seem pretty good and will work well with the Eibach front & rear swaybars.
@gemery Thanks for the great info! After a bit more research I just pulled the trigger on the B14s, hopefully they'll play well with the Whiteline sway bars haha.

Reactions: EmanuelST84

·
Registered
2017 ST
111 Posts
@gemery Thanks for the great info! After a bit more research I just pulled the trigger on the B14s, hopefully they'll play well with the Whiteline sway bars haha.
I think I’m going to pull the trigger on the B14’s as well. Just hoping mountune isn’t to backed up on installs haha. Especially now that people are getting there stimulus money

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I think I’m going to pull the trigger on the B14’s as well. Just hoping mountune isn’t to backed up on installs haha. Especially now that people are getting there stimulus money
@EmanuelST84 This is where I found the cheapest B14 kit; More Information for BILSTEIN 47232952 it was $842.79 and with everything I needed (boots, tops hats, bearings etc.) it was still cheaper than the MSRP on Mountune Clubsports @ ~$1000.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
would that same part number fit a 2017 cuz that’s a sweet deal !
Yeah it fits 2013-2018; just input your car into the site, go down and click on suspension, click on suspension kit, click on the B14 kit.

Reactions: EmanuelST84

·
Registered
109 Posts
D2 Racing has the RS series at $880.00 the preload can be adjusted independently of the height.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
D2 Racing has the RS series at $880.00 the preload can be adjusted independently of the height.
Not for the rear. Just like all the other coilovers out there, rear height is adjusted via spring perch since the FoST/FoRS use a divorced rear spring/damper setup.

Reactions: gemery and DarkSol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a bit late to the party, but I've had a set of B14s installed on my '13 for the last 18 months/20,000 miles. They feel a little stiffer than stock, but cornering is flat and ride motions are much better controlled. Handling balance with an ST Suspensions rear sway bar is excellent. No issues with material quality either - threads are still shiny and the adjustment rings turn freely after dirt is brushed away. Enjoy your new coilovers! 🤘🏽

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I'm a bit late to the party, but I've had a set of B14s installed on my '13 for the last 18 months/20,000 miles. They feel a little stiffer than stock, but cornering is flat and ride motions are much better controlled. Handling balance with an ST Suspensions rear sway bar is excellent. No issues with material quality either - threads are still shiny and the adjustment rings turn freely after dirt is brushed away. Enjoy your new coilovers! 🤘🏽
Awesome, thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
With what I see in this thread for Mountune, the Whiteline front swaybars are okay (but not impressive). The Steeda +25% front swaybar would be about as large as the Mountune springs should have. In the rear, the Mountune springs should be paired only with light rear swaybars. Whiteline rear is rather aggressive by comparison and will generate a lot of wheel lift.

The B14 spring rates seem pretty good and will work well with the Eibach front & rear swaybars.
Based on what you have there and using the same B14 kit, what front sway bar works best with the Strano RSB? Looking at picking up the B14's and want to get something that works well with the Strano bar. Mostly DD with autocross thrown in the mix once in a while.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Based on what you have there and using the same B14 kit, what front sway bar works best with the Strano RSB? Looking at picking up the B14's and want to get something that works well with the Strano bar. Mostly DD with autocross thrown in the mix once in a while.
@gemery what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Steeda 25.4mm front bar with the Strano rear bar on hard. Alternatively, stock front swaybar with Strano on middle setting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All I should need parts wise should be the strut mount/bearing for the front and shock mount for the rear correct? All part numbers are coming off Rockauto since they still have the Bilstein for $842. Also was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the JBR rear camber arms. Wondering if they make much noise. I see the spherical bearing and I know they can be noisy but I see the chassis side is poly so I'm thinking that would absorb some of it.

CV6Z3A197D Strut mount
DV6Z18198D Strut Bearing
CV6Z18A161BShock mount

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, that's an interesting scenario, I have seen some having that issue but I don't plan to go lower than ~1.5" (38mm) ideally. I do suspect that some have been using the stock bump stop, I think Bilstein suggests not using it as it supposedly has an internal one. (I could be wrong) Additionally, 340 lbs/in seemed like a lot to me compared to the Clubsports 197 lbs/in but I think you're right--especially considering that Fortune suggested 400 lbs/in (7k) minimum for my application. Hmm more to consider I guess.

Are you saying going lower than 1.5in with the B14 is going to have them preform poorly? I'm a noob when it comes to suspension. I have just been looking for reviews on the B14s and came across this thread. Any support of explanation of stuff is greatly appreactied

·
Registered
422 Posts
At the beginning of this thread I started to feel a bit scared since I ordered the B14 kit a few weeks back. As i continued to read i rhink i made the right choice. Still waiting for it to come in.....I want to install it.

Reactions: itsjustdibella

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
Are you saying going lower than 1.5in with the B14 is going to have them preform poorly? I'm a noob when it comes to suspension. I have just been looking for reviews on the B14s and came across this thread. Any support of explanation of stuff is greatly appreactied
@itsjustdibella If you lowered to its lowest setting then yeah it'll ride on the bump stops and be extremely rough. I'm about 3/4 of the way down (on the coilover's threaded portion) and the ride quality is great. For reference I'm on 17x9 +45 RPF1s with 255/40/17 Hankook RS4s. I didn't take measurements of my stock ride height so I'm unsure how much I'm dropped though.

@86BlueCobra I think you'll be happy with these. The only issue that I've had so far is a clunking in the front end after this last Saturday's track day that I haven't had a chance to look into; I'm assuming its just my sway bar end links being loose... I'll dig into it this weekend though. EDIT yep was loose endlinks lol all fixed now

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
211 Posts
Anyone in here riding on the BC coil overs? Or the BC extreme low coil overs? If so could you please DM me I have a few questions. Thanks in advance.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts