Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the opportunity to remote tune a Focus ST overseas with a PTE 5858 turbo, Stratified Aux Fuel, and WMI. Built motor, OEM head and cams.

We built up the maps to the point that it made 392whp on 91 pump and we ran out of the OEM MAP sensor at 455whp with WMI. We ended up revving it to 7500 RPM and the turbo flowed well even at this RPM with the OEM head. More in it for sure with upgraded MAP/TIP sensors.

One aspect that I wanted to point out is that if you are close to the edge of the fueling injection window on a DI engine, combustion quality suffers from having too short of a mixing time before the plug fires. As a result you see a drop in power. The graph below shows the difference in power gained simply by adding our aux fuel with NO other tuning changes to augment the OEM fuel system.

AUX WMI 1.20 two runs.JPG

Aux Fuel Adding Power.JPG

·
Registered
595 Posts
Reactions: fordboi415

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am in the process of saving up for a 4 port kit as I want to run full e85. I know mixes are more common but I don't want to have to calculate how much of each I need to fill up each time with, I would rather run full e85 or full 98 RON. When going to track or drag strip I can carry jerry cans of E85 and run it straight until close to empty then throw in 98RON once finished. Is this a bad idea, would it work or is there a reason why people run mixes? as you probably remember I am currently running a 2867 tuned by you on 98 RON so this is the next step in my build.

·
Vendor
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in the process of saving up for a 4 port kit as I want to run full e85. I know mixes are more common but I don't want to have to calculate how much of each I need to fill up each time with, I would rather run full e85 or full 98 RON. When going to track or drag strip I can carry jerry cans of E85 and run it straight until close to empty then throw in 98RON once finished. Is this a bad idea, would it work or is there a reason why people run mixes? as you probably remember I am currently running a 2867 tuned by you on 98 RON so this is the next step in my build.
This is definitely possible with our 4 port kit and the turbo you are running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts