Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon FocusST org

Got my magnetic ST1 on Saturday...have about 100 miles on the odo. Traded in my 2015 sti with 20k...and second bottom end/then smoking/then fixed again/them smelled like oil...then I was simply done dealing with that car and the nightmare of Dan Perkins service, cough, center.

I had a new zx3 a long time ago...like 16 years long time ago. I loved that car and had a good amount of bolt-ons imo. Probably went from 130HP to 145HP!!!!!! :) The sways really changed the car though.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm not usually a big poster but love reading the forums and learning.

I do have a question, didn't see the answer when I searched, so be kind if should know/should have found.
There is a lot of talk about engine mounts and the shift clunk...is this still an issue for 17's?

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good Afternoon FocusST org

Got my magnetic ST1 on Saturday...have about 100 miles on the odo. Traded in my 2015 sti with 20k...and second bottom end/then smoking/then fixed again/them smelled like oil...then I was simply done dealing with that car and the nightmare of Dan Perkins service, cough, center.

I had a new zx3 a long time ago...like 16 years long time ago. I loved that car and had a good amount of bolt-ons imo. Probably went from 130HP to 145HP!!!!!! :) The sways really changed the car though.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm not usually a big poster but love reading the forums and learning.

I do have a question, didn't see the answer when I searched, so be kind if should know/should have found.
There is a lot of talk about engine mounts and the shift clunk...is this still an issue for 17's?

Thanks,
Ed
Welcome to the forum! I have a 2016 FosT and it came with an updated RMM. Its the same with the 17's as well I would assume. Ive only gotten the shift clunk maybe twice since ive had the car and its been over a year and a half with 30k miles and still going strong on the stock RMM. I'm also stage 3 btw too, but I will be looking into an aftermarket one sooner or later to just get it out of the way lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Downshift Dave. So far at 230 miles I have not been quick shifting...just letting it all break in semi-nice :)
I'm a little freaked about mods because of my Sti experience. Had Cobb stage 1 on for 3 months and spun a bearing. I know it wasn't because of the mods but I am a big fan of warranties these days.
Larger avatar pic because why not... FocusSTlarge.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts