Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I wanted a dry filter and i also wanted something with an open end which aem didn't have. I use afe filters in my truck so I reached out to them about fitment on the FoST since their didn't have the FoST listed.

Part number 11-10133 is what I came up with and I just installed it and it fits just fine. I thought it was weird the stock filter doesnt use a clamp on the inlet side but oh well.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I've heard they don't fit quite right in the filter compartment.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks. How does it meet up on the inside with the flange? Good, secure fit? Since it's inside the box on the open end, I would imagine that holds it in place well; it's not going anywhere. I forgot this brand was out there...nice to know there's an open end, dry filter option for people that want it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. How does it meet up on the inside with the flange? Good, secure fit? Since it's inside the box on the open end, I would imagine that holds it in place well; it's not going anywhere. I forgot this brand was out there...nice to know there's an open end, dry filter option for people that want it.
It definitely does not fit like stock. I kinda crammed it in there are put the lid on. Is it possible it could come off the flange? Maybe. Perhaps ill just add a hose clamp if it'll fit just for insurance. The issue isnt really the inlet flange so much as the open ended portion on the other end doesnt mate up with the box like stock. I cant imagine any other aftermarket filter fitting any better but i cant be sure.

Im going to pull the lid off after 250 miles and check on it.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
I found the aFe dry filter when I was looking for a dry filter with open end, but when I looked up filter efficiency tests, the aFe dry didn't have as high filtration efficacy as their oiled filter or any others, which didn't have as high filtration as the AEM dry, which was the closest to stock paper filter of all the reusable "high-flow" filters.

But that was just data from some tests I found, not anything I can personally confirm from my own testing experience, which is nil. Ya'll can do your own searches, just throwing it out there, I'm overly cautious w/ my first new car and perhaps pseudo-paranoid after reading posts from the guys that swear by paper filters. The AEM does fit perfectly just like stock, nestled in the notch of the stock airbox and lid, but it's cool someone got the aFe. At the time I asked I didn't get any response from someone with one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good info there. I didn't know the filtration wasnt on part with aem. It'd be nice to compare the 2 in person

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont really have anything to compare to but I can hear the cbv and intake sounds while driving with the windows down which is all I really wanted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts