Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just got my car back for the second time from a ford body shop. It was in for an accident and the front bumper was replaced. I got it back the first time because you could see into the engine bay with the hood closed, they fixed it a little bit but now there is other issues. I was told that it was as close as it's going to get to pre-accident condition. One of the new issues is that, from the looks of it, the hood is sitting on the splash guard rubber thing on the bumper and it's causing some kind of gap. The second is that on the drivers side headlight I can grip it from the top and bottom because it sticks so far out from the body. I understand that this is a 30k ford and that it's not going to be perfect and I should deal with it, but it's bothering me pretty bad haha. I'm willing to try and fix it myself as I don't want to take my car a third time after they told me it wont get any better. I might end up taking it to another body shop if I have to. Thanks everyone

Passenger side. You can see the hood ends right at the same place as the rubber guard. You can also see it sits on-top instead of behind the rubber piece.
IMG_20170802_142624.jpg

Driver side. You can see the hood ends a little after the rubber guard, which leads me to believe the hood is on too tight on the drivers side maybe? The hood will actually hit the headlight when closing.
IMG_20170802_142615.jpg

The headlight on the driver side. The whole thing is just sticking out. Completely flush on the other side.
IMG_20170802_142435.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would take it back...as good as it is going to get is bs. I wiped out the entire front end on 95 Z28 and when I got that car back it was perfect. Don't accept that lousey answer and make them make it right. Might even consider getting your insurance company involved

·
Registered
220 Posts
My headlights stick out from the fender hood area just like in your 3rd picture and the car enver had a front end collision (so I was told and what carfax reports). The hood aligns like crap to the bumper and I saw other cars on the lot that were just as bad if not worse and they were brand spanking new.

Ford took a backseat when it comes to the fitment for these cars. They should take a page out of Toyota's book.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would take it back...as good as it is going to get is bs. I wiped out the entire front end on 95 Z28 and when I got that car back it was perfect. Don't accept that lousey answer and make them make it right. Might even consider getting your insurance company involved
I'm worried that they don't even know how to fix it. The first time they tried to give it back you could see into the engine bay with the hood closed because they left a massive gap. They got a nice check for $4.6k and the headlight it sticking out of the car so I don't know what's going on. I don't really want them to think i'm some prick, I just want to have something to say like "Hey, something on this side might be tightened too much" or something.

Nobody, it seems, can do one damn thing right anymore.
When I got it, I never checked the alignment to the same degree I am now, but I feel like it was almost perfect, now my headlight sticks out enough for my pockets to get caught on it.

My headlights stick out from the fender hood area just like in your 3rd picture and the car enver had a front end collision (so I was told and what carfax reports). The hood aligns like crap to the bumper and I saw other cars on the lot that were just as bad if not worse and they were brand spanking new.

Ford took a backseat when it comes to the fitment for these cars. They should take a page out of Toyota's book.
Does your hood line up with the rubber guard thing? I'm thinking the bumper might be too tight on the one side, but I'm really not sure. How much does yours stick out?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Like everything else in life, there's good and bad body shops. You've got yourself a bad one. Don't accept it until it is right. I'd let your insurance company know that they do crappy work, too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm worried that they don't even know how to fix it. The first time they tried to give it back you could see into the engine bay with the hood closed because they left a massive gap. They got a nice check for $4.6k and the headlight it sticking out of the car so I don't know what's going on. I don't really want them to think i'm some prick, I just want to have something to say like "Hey, something on this side might be tightened too much" or something.

When I got it, I never checked the alignment to the same degree I am now, but I feel like it was almost perfect, now my headlight sticks out enough for my pockets to get caught on it.

Does your hood line up with the rubber guard thing? I'm thinking the bumper might be too tight on the one side, but I'm really not sure. How much does yours stick out?
I'll take a picture and point it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts