Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Annual "Tail of the Dragon" run, any interest?

43K views 263 replies 92 participants last post by  Magnetic2018 
#1 ·
I live and work 20 minutes from Deals Gap/ Tail of the Dragon. Today while I was at work, there was close to one hundred Hyundai Gen coupes came through town to run the Dragon. All I could think about was how cool it would be to get that many ST's together and make a run. The genesis guys do this twice a year spring/fall. There are many more clubs come here as well. Google search Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon, and Cherohala Skyway for more info. If there is enough interest maybe something can be organized for this coming spring.

#2 ·
Was just there Sept.9. Couldn't do it this year again but would really like to go back.
Please keep me up to date if something happens next year . Had a group of Corvettes from Texas while I was there.
I bought some pics of my car from
US129 Photos.
Cool place, hope it happens.

Jim

#5 ·
A bunch of clubs go to Eureka Springs, AR too. Gorgeous roads and town.

#7 ·
Was one of the best touring trips we have taken. Found lots of good places to eat, and some of the nicest people I have ever met. If this event gains momentum and your on the fence about doing it, do your self a favor and go..

Jim

#8 ·
318 turns in 11 miles, I was dizzy at the end, then went on to do the Cherohala Skyway, you will get tired of sawing on the steering wheel, but in s good way.
I did the Tail in less than 20 minutes, felt like I was hitting it hard, but nothing to compare it to.
Oh ya wife ya we'll go back.

Jim

#10 ·
I fully intend do the dragon, but financial and continuing entanglements with the ex-wife means probably next year. However, after another round of paying out and wondering when do I get something I said "right ******* now! and bought my ST. It really has a very relaxing and calming effect, just motoring or playing.

#15 ·
I'm in.

#20 ·
I would be interested!

#28 · (Edited)
This is looking good. I've pulled a couple of "rabbits of the hat" at work and my boss is a car guy; even if he thinks I'm missing 4 cylinders and have the diff in the wrong end, so I can get time off work. I may have to drag him and my co-worker along; they want to do the dragon too, if we can accommodate an auto crossing Camaro and a ZR1 Corvette. I was concerned about lodging, but you're right, I hear Fontana Village is enthusiast friendly and is really part of the experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.