Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live and work 20 minutes from Deals Gap/ Tail of the Dragon. Today while I was at work, there was close to one hundred Hyundai Gen coupes came through town to run the Dragon. All I could think about was how cool it would be to get that many ST's together and make a run. The genesis guys do this twice a year spring/fall. There are many more clubs come here as well. Google search Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon, and Cherohala Skyway for more info. If there is enough interest maybe something can be organized for this coming spring.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Was just there Sept.9. Couldn't do it this year again but would really like to go back.
Please keep me up to date if something happens next year . Had a group of Corvettes from Texas while I was there.
I bought some pics of my car from
US129 Photos.
Cool place, hope it happens.

Jim

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
A bunch of clubs go to Eureka Springs, AR too. Gorgeous roads and town.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
318 curves in 11 miles , because racecar. This drive is something every enthusiast should experience ,especially in a ST.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Was one of the best touring trips we have taken. Found lots of good places to eat, and some of the nicest people I have ever met. If this event gains momentum and your on the fence about doing it, do your self a favor and go..

Jim

·
Registered
336 Posts
318 turns in 11 miles, I was dizzy at the end, then went on to do the Cherohala Skyway, you will get tired of sawing on the steering wheel, but in s good way.
I did the Tail in less than 20 minutes, felt like I was hitting it hard, but nothing to compare it to.
Oh ya wife ya we'll go back.

Jim

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I fully intend do the dragon, but financial and continuing entanglements with the ex-wife means probably next year. However, after another round of paying out and wondering when do I get something I said "right ******* now! and bought my ST. It really has a very relaxing and calming effect, just motoring or playing.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The genesis group had several vendor cars with them , we could make this thing big !

·
Registered
336 Posts
Would be cool to get some vendors involved

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picking up steam, how does the first weekend of April or May sound?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
That could work. Late enough to avoid any snow and we wouldn't be competing with leaf peepers for lodging. Coming from Tidewater VA it would be a couple day trip for me.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I would be interested!

1 - 20 of 197 Posts