Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

So as I expected, barely put 1400 miles on my car and the interior is starting to rattle. It really annoys the crap out of me. Seems like the rattle sound comes from the passenger's side, and back of the car.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
Hey all

So as I expected, barely put 1400 miles on my car and the interior is starting to rattle. It really annoys the crap out of me. Seems like the rattle sound comes from the passenger's side, and back of the car.
I only have rattles if I turn my music up too loud

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
I noticed that too. Is this something that can be fixed under warranty?
Most likely not. It's just annoying. I don't notice it any more to care, but some people feel differently than I. If you can find exactly what is causing the rattle then maybe, or if it's causing a problem.

·
Administrator
10,656 Posts
Hey all

Open your hatch and listen for the spoiler bolt that came out.

Loctite those bad boys.

·
Administrator
10,656 Posts
Ill try that. I also noticed those little seatbelt adjusters are loose. And the windows may be rattling too
It happens, most people want to either shoot themselves or wear ear pro when they are in my car. I'm not your average ST though, lol.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
It happens, most people want to either shoot themselves or wear ear pro when they are in my car. I'm not your average ST though, lol.
Those motor mounts doee :RockOn::cool::focus-st-smilie:

·
Administrator
10,656 Posts
Those motor mounts doee :RockOn::cool::focus-st-smilie:
Its not just the motor mounts, the balance shaft delete, the strut and traction bars, Koni yellows at max stiffness, all these things added vibes. I get rattles pretty much everywhere.

Which is why I have the "AA" amp upgrade. To drown them all out, rofl.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its not just the motor mounts, the balance shaft delete, the strut and traction bars, Koni yellows at max stiffness, all these things added vibes. I get rattles pretty much everywhere.

Could you please link what AA amp you own? :)

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Did your cargo tray come unhooked? Mine likes to pop off of the little plastic pegs all the time and that could cause some rattling.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I tried to hold the seatbelt plastic but it didnt do it.

And to mazui I didnt check that yet either :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
My mk6 gti had more rattles (5 different rattles) at 10k miles than the ST which is at 14k now. I think the ST has an occasional rattle coming from somewhere above my head but it is nothing really.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Hey all

I'm at the same mileage, and also have the rattles. They seem to come from the passenger side somewhere. Sucks, but I'll live with it till' spring. Also my MBRP catback system appears to be covering up the noise a little.

·
Super Moderator
8,539 Posts

This is so wierd, I have no rattles what so ever...full mounts, B8's and Pro Kit and the front traction bar. I'm visiting my parents right now and driving their spare ZX4 and it amazes me how much it vibrates and rattles, and it's not a beater. It is an '05, but only has 50,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts