Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I should have started one of these last year dangit.

10/31/2016
Took delivery, 25 miles on the odometer
Boosted by Design Dead Pedal and Cobb Air filter I had already ordered

11/01/2016
Resonator delete

11/12/2016
Turbosmart BOV and RokBlokz mudflaps

11/23/2016
Stubby Antenna

Parked car for winter.

Sometime in January bought JDL Catback from Stealth

3/12/2017
First oil change at `2100 miles to Mobil 5-30 and FL400S
JDL Catback exhaust
LED fog lights and cornering bulbs
JBR PCV Oil Catch can
JBR Symposer delete

9/23/2017
Second oil change at 6,000 miles, wanted to change it at 7 but was taking the car on a road trip the following weekend.

9/30-10/08/2017 road tripped to South Carolina and bashed some backroads in the Smokies.

11/16/2017
Depo 3.5" Intercooler
Painted crash bar black and installed 20" LED light bar

11/17/2017
Depo catless downpipe and Vibrant defouler

11/22/2017
Receive Cobb AP from Stratified

11/25/2017
JBR rear wiper delete

11/27/2017
Receive Stratified Tune and flashed ECU to Stratified tune with Loud Exhaust Crackles.
Car sounds amazeballs.

11/28/2017
Plumbed vacuum for BOV to Symposer delete vacuum source

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Installed Velossa Tech Big Mouth last week.

RS Spoiler was ordered on 12/26/2017

Painted today 1/11/2018, should be picking it up tomorrow and installing

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
updated OP with pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up the Spoiler today.
It's dry but still curing. Should have it on the car tomorrow.

Reactions: jetmech and BCE22

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Assembled and ready to go on.
Had some very slight fitment issues with one of the side pieces having a 1mm gap larger than the other side. Took a drill bit, opened up the 3 holes that mount the side piece to to the main piece, and viola. That was the only issue with the whole thing, zero comlaints for a $130 item.
Color match is great. In person they color is identical. Hard to tell by pictures because of the lighting and angles.

It also takes some guessing as to what provided hardware is used for which part, as you get two different types of screws, and 4 of type A are used for the black pieces to affix, if you try to use type B by the time the bottom out the pieces are not tight, and 6 of the type B attach the sides. And the Remaining 7 Type A's apparently attach the spoiler to the hatch.

Reactions: jetmech

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wing on, very happy with fitment, lines up great.
No issues attaching it to vehicle.

had to take a booty shot

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nice job man. That car looks great. Where did you find that 20" LED? I really like that. And how is it wired up?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn son. Looking good. Wish mine fit like that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
which spoiler do you have?

I know right, I feel like I got lucky. The gap all the way around the spoiler to the vehicle is visibly perfectly even.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The same one you got man. But the gap on my driver side is atrocious. The passenger side looks good though.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The same one you got man. But the gap on my driver side is atrocious. The passenger side looks good though.

I think you could fix this your self, possibly, without requiring it to be repainted.

On the Main bottom wing piece where it attaches to the sides with 3 screws, You can use a drill bit that fits through the screw holes to ream them out in one direction or another to adjust how it mounts position-ally to the main bottom spoiler piece.
I had to do the same with one of mine just to get the 3 screw to line up for assembly, and ended up moving the holes in a bit so each side has the same gap at the bottom on the spoiler itself. I think this had a positive side effect of making mine line up with the vehicle on each side perfectly.

My Passenger side

Drivers side, bigger gap initially

I marked the holes with a black magic marker where I wanted to open them up some and used a cordless drill and drill bit to ream them out in the direction needed. After maybe 5 minutes of careful work, I put it back together and it was perfect, and the above gaps were the same.

I drilled from the bottom side, but I do not have a picture from that angle. I only needed to take off a few mm worth of material to make the holes correct.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I think you could fix this your self, possibly, without requiring it to be repainted.

On the Main bottom wing piece where it attaches to the sides with 3 screws, You can use a drill bit that fits through the screw holes to ream them out in one direction or another to adjust how it mounts position-ally to the main bottom spoiler piece.
I had to do the same with one of mine just to get the 3 screw to line up for assembly, and ended up moving the holes in a bit so each side has the same gap at the bottom on the spoiler itself. I think this had a positive side effect of making mine line up with the vehicle on each side perfectly.

My Passenger side

Drivers side, bigger gap initially

I marked the holes with a black magic marker where I wanted to open them up some and used a cordless drill and drill bit to ream them out in the direction needed. After maybe 5 minutes of careful work, I put it back together and it was perfect, and the above gaps were the same.

I drilled from the bottom side, but I do not have a picture from that angle.
You sir are an all-star.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You sir are an all-star.

Hope it helps. I noticed on mine that the spots where the holes were drilled weren't drilled out dead center on that side, like there is a flat spot where the holes are drilled, and on this side they were not in the middle. you will see what I'm talking about if you take your wing off and back apart. Let me know how it goes :D

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I forgot I took this video for a friend that wanted me to get a clip going through a parking garage

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
small update:

Received a 28" curved LED light bar to replace my 20" straight. Unfortunately due to the design of the housing, not the curve, it does not fit. The heatsinks in the back make the unit too thick and it comes in contact with the grill, a good 3/4" too thick.

Also received the 3D kagu floormats today. They are nice. My Dead pedal attached to it perfectly also. No overhang.

Reactions: tonyc775

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
small update:

Received a 28" curved LED light bar to replace my 20" straight. Unfortunately due to the design of the housing, not the curve, it does not fit. The heatsinks in the back make the unit too thick and it comes in contact with the grill, a good 3/4" too thick.
If you’re just looking to go a little bit longer I know the Auxbeam 22” bar fits in that spot and has a couple inches to spare.

Since I have to run a front plate I was thinking of getting one of these and mounting a curved light bar on top of it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts