Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had fun with my 2.3 build and shortly after my buddy popped his 1.6 in his Fiesta ST. So I offered to help him out. I will be adding a ton of photos so stay tuned. This build should grab some attention. He isn't holding back on anything. Should be fun!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well let me try to link to the album since nothing else is working.

Angry Tomato Build

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
moreee!!!!!
Did that link to the album work? This has been a joke trying to post this. LOL
I'll have more uploaded soon.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry it has to be this way. I'd rather post right in the thread. I might try again with the next round.

Anyway....to the updates...

Got the block. CSS decked but didn't hone so I wanted to make sure cylinders were good after installing the support. They are great and after a ball hone will be right where we want things! I will be dropping rotating assembly off for balance and to get the crank keyed. We are going main studs so I will need to drop the block off for line hone. Should be able to start assembly within 2-3 weeks if things go as planned.

Here is the planned build.
1.6 w/CSS block support
Keyed crank
K1 h-beam rods
Diamond 2618 pistons
Stage 2 or 3 cams
Head work
GTX2860R Gen 2
4-Port Aux setup
ARP Main and Head studs

If we don't hit the goal @Klink wants we will go with a bigger turbo! LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
What led to the orginal engine failure? What's the HP goal with the new build?
There are many theories on why it failed, some say the tune, some say it was all driver error lugging the hell out of the engine. I am going to say it would be many factors. That is another discussion for another thread.

I want to break the Fiesta St hp record (425 whp), the closer I get to 500 whp, the better. Since my engine decided to require attention first, we will build up for my goals, then afterwards I'll work on lowering and widening the tires from 205s to 245s.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Another sexy block picture

I've tried to add these pictures and still nothing. I've used the add image button and used URL. Then I drop in the link that imgur gives me. Am I missing something?? This is nuts.
https://imgur.com/bs09lQ4
Just directly paste this into here for any pictures you want added, do not use any add image/url from the forum. Just copy and paste links directly to here:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just directly paste this into here for any pictures you want added, do not use any add image/url from the forum. Just copy and paste links directly to here:
HA!!!! THAT WORKED!! Not sure why if would never work before. Party on Wayne! Now I need to take some more pictures.
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
70 Posts
[/QUOTE]There are many theories on why it failed, some say the tune, some say it was all driver error lugging the hell out of the engine. I am going to say it would be many factors. That is another discussion for another thread.

I want to break the Fiesta St hp record (425 whp), the closer I get to 500 whp, the better. Since my engine decided to require attention first, we will build up for my goals, then afterwards I'll work on lowering and widening the tires from 205s to 245s.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

How much can the block handle?

Going for a diff to handle traction issues?......all the traction issues.....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are many theories on why it failed, some say the tune, some say it was all driver error lugging the hell out of the engine. I am going to say it would be many factors. That is another discussion for another thread.

Going for a diff to handle traction issues?......all the traction issues.....[/QUOTE]

From what we can find and due to the fact that this was the first block that CSS has made the support for not 100% sure what it can handle. I would think 400+whp shouldn't be an issue. Cylinder walls are thick. We are using stock size pistons so we won't have to bore anything. The support should keep the top of the cylinders together.
LSD is on the list of things to buy to help out. Turbo will probably spool higher in the RPM range so that will help with traction as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aux fuel came in today! I will take more pics of everything later today!

·
Registered
11 Posts

Going for a diff to handle traction issues?......all the traction issues.....[/QUOTE]

I also plan on putting on flares so I can widen out from a 205s to a 245s.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts