Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I picked up a 2014 ST3 a few months ago and have been loving it so far. I connected my Samsung Galaxy S8 without any problems and have been using it to listen to music and making call over bluetooth everyday since.

Earlier this week, I got in my car after work, and no sound came out when I played music through my phone. I checked the connection settings on my phone, and it said I was only connected for "call audio" rather than "call and media audio".

I tried changing the settings on my phone, I tried unpairing my phone from my car, I tried power-cycling my phone, but no matter what I do, I cannot play music over bluetooth anymore.

Has anyone else come across this? A quick Google search makes it seem like this is a fairly common problem across all Fords, but no one ever gave a firm solution. I am hoping someone here can shed a little light on it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It has happened in my f-150 to me. It almost seems to fix itself sometimes. I would suggest restarting your whole stereo/nav system. I think if you just hold the power button down a while it will do that. Then delete your phone and re-pair. That might not help, but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Also check to make sure your version of Sync is up to date.

I have a '16 ST3 and tecently received a huge update so that Android Auto would work better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has happened in my f-150 to me. It almost seems to fix itself sometimes. I would suggest restarting your whole stereo/nav system. I think if you just hold the power button down a while it will do that. Then delete your phone and re-pair. That might not help, but it's worth a shot.
Yeah, that seems to be the fix that most people recommend. I'll give it a try tonight.

I stream with my S7 Edge on road trips all the time. I have an 13 ST2. I just select bluetooth audio from the touch screen and fire up what ever I'm going to listen to.
Yep, that is how it has always worked for me. Until two days ago....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also check to make sure your version of Sync is up to date.

I have a '16 ST3 and tecently received a huge update so that Android Auto would work better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I wish I could use Android Auto....alas, I have Sync 2....

I tried to find an update on the Ford owners website, but I couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I wish I could use Android Auto....alas, I have Sync 2....

I tried to find an update on the Ford owners website, but I couldn't find anything.
There hasn't been a sync 2 update in a few years, probably isn't much out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I tried a Master Reset on my Sync and that didn't work. Still no media connection over bluetooth. I guess I am going o swing by the dealer today and see what they say.....

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
IS the audio connecting to sync, just no sound?
Check the Volume control on the phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts