Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my SYNC has had some glitches I have in another post. So today I thought I'd give the Android Auto a try. So I can say my Google chick listens and comprehend much better than the SYNC chick. SYNC chick usually gets a tyraid of profanity from the lack of comprehension

I have both google maps and maze which both seemed to work well.

Google chick did a good job of speech to text for hands free and also figured out who I wanted to call. SYNC chick has yet to get a call right.

When I asked Google chick to find some music by an artist she fired up slacker and I rocked.

I even asked Google chick what the score of the Chiefs game was and got a response. SYNC chick can't do that.

I also saw my favorite KC radio station app was in there so I could steam this outside their range.

So while I'm not a cutting edge geek anymore my 1 month of SYNC versus 1 day of Android makes Android the winner. The Ford engineers have a long ways to go. I'm just glad they left the door open for others to do a better job.

The downside was Android locking out my other phone features. When stopped for gas I had to unplug to get to my mileage app.

So any other tips, tricks, features for Android Auto.

Oh, and Google chick had an answer for how much wood can a woodchuck chuck ?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I have an issue with Android Auto, especially when listening to the radio or other music and then I receive a message (text/facebook messenger/ et al) and it asks for a reply, but if it doesn't record the message I want to send before another message comes in or if the radio fades back in it tends to ignore my efforts to respond to the message and then I have to cancel and try again after listening to the new message or the original message again, but I like Sync 3 more than I do Sync 2 even though Sync 2 is still way better than Sync 1.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The downside was Android locking out my other phone features. When stopped for gas I had to unplug to get to my mileage app.
Hit the 'switch apps' button (whatever it's called) and then hit the home button. Your phone should take you to the home screen. Just hit the home button again to get back to the locked out "Android Auto" screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.