Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new Pixel 2 XL the other day. Plugged it into my Sync 3 to use Android Auto and it randomly disconnects itself. Went to Android forums and discovered this is an issue with Android Oreo and the type C connectors. Android and Google are working on fixes, but the most recent advice was to use a different cord, under 6'. I went to Fry's and bought a cheap 3' cord for $5.99. Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Best bet is to peruse this page and buy cables that are made to spec.

A lot of cables are manufactured incorrectly, possibly using incorrect pinouts and/or missing resistors or other crucial bits.

Reactions: drew925

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best bet is to peruse this page and buy cables that are made to spec.

A lot of cables are manufactured incorrectly, possibly using incorrect pinouts and/or missing resistors or other crucial bits.
Thanks for the resource. Much better than my ' Go in and buy it, try it in the parking lot, return if doesn't work and repeat method.'

·
Registered
11 Posts
OP (@drew925): Is there any way that you could post the USB cable that you used that's worked? I'm currently going through the same process and have even tried using cables from reputable companies such as Anker (one of the best for USB-C connectors, supposedly), and I'm still unable to find a cable that can keep a consistent connection on my Google Pixel.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
OP (@drew925): Is there any way that you could post the USB cable that you used that's worked? I'm currently going through the same process and have even tried using cables from reputable companies such as Anker (one of the best for USB-C connectors, supposedly), and I'm still unable to find a cable that can keep a consistent connection on my Google Pixel.

Thanks!
Just wanted to update everyone that this cable ended up working perfectly, after a few attempts with other cables:

Cable Matters USB-C Cable (USB A to USB C Cable/USB C to USB 3.0 Cable)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YT688U0/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts