Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a review on Anarchy Motive shift knobs.. Product came out great and is everything I wanted and expected but keep reading. The owner of this company is an unprofessional clown. He doesn't know the first thing about customer service, communication and deadlines. He originally told me 6 weeks but all sad and done it took over 3 months and apparently that's quick compared to some of the other nightmares I've heard. He ignored me half the time and if on a rare occasion he actually responded I was greated with some snarky [email protected] remarks and excuses like "this is a second job for me" or some other jargon. The only thing that lit a fire under his a$$ was threatening to contact my bank and do a charge back. I'd personally never do business with this clown again and I don't recommend you do unless you don't mind waiting till 2019 to get your shift knob. All said and done this knob cost me around $70 bucks which is a good deal it you couldn't pay me to deal with this guy ever again.

Attachments

Registered
Home Depot and Lowes have 2" wood cabinet knobs for somewhere around a dollar (there are even other sizes, too). They're pre-drilled on the bottom and just need to be drilled larger and threaded (Drill close enough to the right size and use the threads of the shift lever to cut themselves into the wood with a little mineral oil for lubrication). Paint it however you want. Doesn't get hot in the sun like metal, either.

Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
I never had an issue with ordering from Derrick other than the wait time. He was always courteous and polite when I emailed him and usually responded pretty quickly. This is a side job for him, and even though he outsources the stuff like powdercoating he's pretty much a one man show. Plus, the price he charges considering all the options he offers is excellent and hard to beat. It's pretty unfortunate that he still hasn't been able to solve the issue of extremely long wait times, but in my experience every other aspect of my purchase was top notch. Sorry to hear your experience was not good.

Premium Member
By the way....your shift knob is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I don't know of anywhere else you can get work like that for $70 all in.

Registered
2016 ST1, FBO, GTX2867R Gen2 .64-AR, Spec stage 2 clutch, Quaife LSD, Fortune Auto 500 coil-overs.
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way....your shift knob is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I don't know of anywhere else you can get work like that for $70 all in.
Yeah it's a shame he was rude but all in all I'm extremely happy with the product just not the producer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never had an issue with ordering from Derrick other than the wait time. He was always courteous and polite when I emailed him and usually responded pretty quickly. This is a side job for him, and even though he outsources the stuff like powdercoating he's pretty much a one man show. Plus, the price he charges considering all the options he offers is excellent and hard to beat. It's pretty unfortunate that he still hasn't been able to solve the issue of extremely long wait times, but in my experience every other aspect of my purchase was top notch. Sorry to hear your experience was not good.
That's all fine and dandy if it's a side gig, but as a business man if I know my wait times are going to be 3-4 months it would be extremely unethical and unprofessional to tell someone 6 weeks.. I'm a pretty chill dude and if you tell me "sorry getting backed up gonna take a while" I'd be fine as long as the communication is there. The communication wasn't there and he began to ignore my inquiries. On top of being ignored I was met with rude comments and extremely unprofessional behavior. This isn't an isolated incident, a quick Google search yields a plethora of similar reviews. I come from the customer service industry and grew up in a Porsche, Audi and Mercedes certified shop so I know the manner of service necessary to run a successful business. The product I would give a 10/10 review while the service end I'd rate at about a 2/10 only because I received the product. Im glad you had a good experience and in the end I'm just glad I'd received the knob I asked for but as a member of this forum and community I feel it's my duty to inform others.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should've gone to Speed Dawg like I'm going to.
it was a ****ty experience but I got the exact beautiful custom Airborne shift knob I wanted.. I'll check them out though thanks dude.

Registered
I had a similar experience as have many others. A few weeks turned into a few months. Excuses after excuses. Promises to check on things or get back to me but never did. In the end, I got a great product. BUT I actually got the WRONG model of shift knob. I waited months for it so I didn鈥檛 bother with an exchange. Stay away from anarchy motive.

Registered
I still haven't received mine, but I'm waiting because there is nothing else I can do at this point.

I'm sure it will be as good as the OP's shift knob. Good work takes time, I know this.

Registered
This is a review on Anarchy Motive shift knobs.. Product came out great and is everything I wanted and expected but keep reading. The owner of this company is an unprofessional clown. He doesn't know the first thing about customer service, communication and deadlines. He originally told me 6 weeks but all sad and done it took over 3 months and apparently that's quick compared to some of the other nightmares I've heard. He ignored me half the time and if on a rare occasion he actually responded I was greated with some snarky [email protected] remarks and excuses like "this is a second job for me" or some other jargon. The only thing that lit a fire under his a$$ was threatening to contact my bank and do a charge back. I'd personally never do business with this clown again and I don't recommend you do unless you don't mind waiting till 2019 to get your shift knob. All said and done this knob cost me around $70 bucks which is a good deal it you couldn't pay me to deal with this guy ever again.
So...you've had your product for over 8 months, but you come now to attack me personally? Sorry you had a bad experience with me personally, hope you keep enjoying your knob...

I had to go back to see when your product was received because I knew it wasn't recent.

Also, it wouldn't be 2019 lol, even by when you received yours it'd be this year.

Registered
Also, you didn't light a fire under my ass saying you were going to do a chargeback. If you're going to attack me at least be honest.

May 30th you emailed asking for a status. I responded the very next day, less than 24 hours. Saying it would be shipping Saturday. You asked in the very next email back for an ETA. I said I was not in town until Friday and I'd be shipping it Saturday. Then there was 7-8 emails where you absolutely berated me about being late, all of which I responded to. (4+ hours of emails).

Low and behold, when I got back into town on the 2nd, I shipped it the next day AND sent you a picture of it. 2nd being Friday, 3rd being Saturday. The timestamp on your finished knob picture being 5/26, before I was out of town.

Registered
I had a similar experience as have many others. A few weeks turned into a few months. Excuses after excuses. Promises to check on things or get back to me but never did. In the end, I got a great product. BUT I actually got the WRONG model of shift knob. I waited months for it so I didn鈥檛 bother with an exchange. Stay away from anarchy motive.
I apologize I sent you the wrong knob, if you want the correct one I usually don't make people return it until they have the correct one. Just let me know. I honestly don't remember where we left the conversation. I'm sorry you also had a bad experience.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can say whatever you want man, your reputation is shot for one reason; you're the opitomy of a poorly run unprofessional business. Just do one Google search and you'll find I'm not the only one and this is not an isolated incident. I recently joined the forum and I found it necessary to inform others before they purchase your products. If you want to turn it into a big deal I'd be more than happy to quote your emails here so people can see how unprofessional you are. I felt as though I went pretty easy on you and gave you credit where it was due.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well unfortunately the owner of this business has no personal accountability and apparently doesn't see anything wrong with the way he treats his customers.. Excuses excuses, redirecting blame and even blaming the customer..

Registered
Also, you didn't light a fire under my ass saying you were going to do a chargeback. If you're going to attack me at least be honest.

May 30th you emailed asking for a status. I responded the very next day, less than 24 hours. Saying it would be shipping Saturday. You asked in the very next email back for an ETA. I said I was not in town until Friday and I'd be shipping it Saturday. Then there was 7-8 emails where you absolutely berated me about being late, all of which I responded to. (4+ hours of emails).

Low and behold, when I got back into town on the 2nd, I shipped it the next day AND sent you a picture of it. 2nd being Friday, 3rd being Saturday. The timestamp on your finished knob picture being 5/26, before I was out of town.
I totally get the one man band thing, but simply mentioning that is unprofessional. Your personal issues should never be known to the customer. They don't care and it will never help you, even if you think it's in an attempt to seem more down to Earth. Likewise your responses on here seem reasonable, but it's a no-win situation. You go from looking like the a-hole in the first post to now here it looks like you were both at fault and now you're trashing a customer to look like you are in the right. Not saying that's what you're doing, just how it comes across. Rarely does a company gain anything by responding in the open forum like this.

Registered
Had the same experience with the long wait times. Was months instead of weeks. I wouldn't purchase from again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Registered
I totally get the one man band thing, but simply mentioning that is unprofessional. Your personal issues should never be known to the customer. They don't care and it will never help you, even if you think it's in an attempt to seem more down to Earth. Likewise your responses on here seem reasonable, but it's a no-win situation. You go from looking like the a-hole in the first post to now here it looks like you were both at fault and now you're trashing a customer to look like you are in the right. Not saying that's what you're doing, just how it comes across. Rarely does a company gain anything by responding in the open forum like this.
I've had the entire opposite experience as far as they don't care. Most customers seem to understand that if there is a production issue and the company is small it becomes a snowball effect, 99% of customers get that completely. I understand what you're saying though, I do.

I'm trashing anyone, and I'm perfectly fine with being ripped for being late or behind or what not (it wasn't 3 months either, it was 8 weeks nearly to the day with shipping time in there). I'm also not saying what I did was right anywhere, perception is reality. If he perceived that I was in the wrong than it is what it is, I'm sorry for that and wish he didn't feel that way. . He is more than free to do as he wants and his perspective on why (the lighting fire comment) is his and that's fine. I'm sorry your product took longer than anticipated, I'm sorry whatever I said to you effected you so much that you're still mad about it. I'm glad you like your knob.

On responding in an open forum, it can be a double edged sword. I will be better with correspondence and taking care of things, apparently that is an issue.

Registered
Again, this is nothing new. You get a phenomenal knob at a great price and will wait for it. This is known. If you don't want to wait, buy something else. Why you came here a half year after you received your knob is beyond me, but you're the one that looks like a tool.

Look, I'm not bashing you because you had a bad experience with the owner. There aren't many that will complain about his customer service. You will see complains about wait times, but again this is well known. Handling this publicly months after your transaction was wrapped up makes absolutely no sense. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but maybe you should think about what you're doing before you just spout out at the mouth.

Premium Member
Again, this is nothing new. You get a phenomenal knob at a great price and will wait for it. This is known. If you don't want to wait, buy something else. Why you came here a half year after you received your knob is beyond me, but you're the one that looks like a tool.

Look, I'm not bashing you because you had a bad experience with the owner. There aren't many that will complain about his customer service. You will see complains about wait times, but again this is well known. Handling this publicly months after your transaction was wrapped up makes absolutely no sense. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but maybe you should think about what you're doing before you just spout out at the mouth.
Agree... great guy... worked out my custom knob with him and i am willing to wait and be patient for a custom knob.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts