Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I’m a cynic

they’re going to mix with inferior gasoline to keep the prices lower at the refinery but charge exactly the same for the fuel
You are probably right, existing pumps that are premixed typically look something like this:
Motor vehicle Gas Font Electric blue Machine

(Lol those prices are def very old)

So their e30 is 93 octane vs we mixing 93 octane gas with e10 with e85, I'm hoping for ~96 octane e30:
Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Number

And me at e40, 97-98octane:
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

For those looking for a cost savings on 93 octane benefit, might be a good idea but for me tuning for the reliable HP, I'll happily still blend myself.

Playing with the calculator, looks like they would be blending with like an 89 octane fuel:

Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Number

Attachments

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I was running full E85 when the engine blew in January. I filled every two days and burned 10 gallons in those two days. I was saving $4-5 every fill up over E30(93 and E85) and 93 octane. That’s with the mileage drop from 28-29 to 24-25 mpg. E85 was $1 cheaper at the time than 93. All on a 450/450 tune running a G25-550 and 4 port auxiliary fuel.
Did you break it out by cost per mile at all? I'd be curious to see that. My fuely app has a guage you can add to track that over different time periods but it's just dividing cost by miles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts