Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
While I like the fact that it might give you a bit more octane/oomph, and perhaps shaving a few cents off prices. Still, I don’t believe it’s wise to be burning up our food supply, especially now, given the fertilizer shortages. Food prices are going to suck this coming Autumn. Unless they’re going to be using corn that’s no fit for human or livestock consumption.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
The corn they use is silage, which is barely fit for animal consumption and not fit for human consumption. You definitely would not want to eat it; it's pretty tough. They grind it up to use for feed. Only a very small percentage of the corn grown in this county is sweet corn for human consumption...like less than 5%.
I see. Wasn’t sure of what grade/type of corn they were using for ethanol.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Let the scientists and dreamers innovative. Let the tradesmen design and build. Let the farmers plow and grow. Bring the real solutions to actual problems of the world. Working from the fact the nothing in left is perfect but always strive to reach it through determination and hard work.

Yes bring me zero emissions vehicles that do resemble a vibrator! But in the mean time Drill baby Drill!
Amen!
Let the free market do what it does best, and keep the damn politicians & lobbyists out of the equation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts