Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble understanding how to wire this new amp/sub/lc2i in my ST2. Yes, I have watched all of skizzo's videos several times and read several build threads on here. I need to get down the extreme basics it looks like. I have the following to install:

1. Alpine M500 Mono Amp
2. Lc2i

I have the power run and know how to ground it obviously. My question lies in how exactly to run the remote and speaker wires. Please correct me if I am wrong but this is what I have gathered so far:

- I need to splice the front woofer wires and run them into the lc2i speaker inputs. Guessing skizzo's description in video 3 will tell me how to do this?
- I need to turn off the GTO function on the lc2i and run a remote wire into the rear fuse box? I don't really understand how to do this. Won't the lc2i sense the speaker inputs from the front woofers and just turn on?

Anything else I am missing? Is there a thread or something I missed with basic information on how to wire this (for dummies)? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
PM me, or check your chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
The problem with using the fuse in the back vs the low voltage trigger is that you won't be able to listen to the radio once the ignition is off. If you use the trigger, you can just turn the radio on, or continue to listen once you've shut the car off.

That's unless you use the radio fuse or the amp fuse if they are in the back.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I got tired of the system coming on and then popping off every time the doors unlocked/locked. Also, you can't listen very long without power save kicking in and turning off anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, got everything installed successfully! Used skizzos guide in the video description and soldered the wires in. Then tapped into the F43 accessory fuse. Everything works great!

Reactions: DDT1972
1 - 5 of 5 Posts