Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put the order for these guys to put on my Black '15. Anyone else have any experience with these? Not sure if I love or hate the matte bronze yet, but it's all they had and they were $649 shipped from CA to VA. Worst case, I could dip them matte black or something.

Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Wheel Tire

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I like. Not familiar with Ambit but they look a lot like the optional Forged wheels on the RS. For that price you could get them powdercoated and still have a good deal for a nice looking set of wheels.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just put the order for these guys to put on my Black '15. Anyone else have any experience with these? Not sure if I love or hate the matte bronze yet, but it's all they had and they were $649 shipped from CA to VA. Worst case, I could dip them matte black or something.

View attachment 174153
Wheels look good, and bronze is always a hot color. For that price its a great deal.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
That Bronze doesn't look bad. I hate the gold look that is on the Subaru's.

I like the style and the price is right.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice looking set, I think that would look great on BLK. Look forward to pics when you get them. Are you putting the stock tires on or something else?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Google is a wonderful tool... I am not sure why it is so unused by people.
As an IT professional I've learned it's vast usefulness. Car parts or network configuration...it's always there for me when I need it ;)

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you do any research before wasting your money?
The pictures the rep sent me had the cert stamps cast into the wheels, but upon digging further into the interwebz I see what you're talking about with claims of fake certifications. If this is, in fact the case, it's pretty concerning. These wheels came cast with the stamps on them as well, but I'm curious now to check the VIA database to see if it's been updated with Ambit's name.

In any case the wheels look nice and this car doesn't see auto-x, but I'll be reaching out to them to check up on the validity of their claims.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
The pictures the rep sent me had the cert stamps cast into the wheels, but upon digging further into the interwebz I see what you're talking about with claims of fake certifications. If this is, in fact the case, it's pretty concerning. These wheels came cast with the stamps on them as well, but I'm curious now to check the VIA database to see if it's been updated with Ambit's name.

In any case the wheels look nice and this car doesn't see auto-x, but I'll be reaching out to them to check up on the validity of their claims.
Yeah I was referring to that... some people don't care so.

Please report back with your findings, and they will make claims all day that they are fully certified but at least from the last thing I saw they still aren't.

watch out for pot holes in the mean time.

They look good, ....sometimes looks isn't everything.

·
Registered
644 Posts
So how have they been? I actually have the RT8's and they've held up. I drive aggressively and our roads aren't the best. I'm about to pick these up tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Yeah I was referring to that... some people don't care so.

Please report back with your findings, and they will make claims all day that they are fully certified but at least from the last thing I saw they still aren't.

watch out for pot holes in the mean time.

They look good, ....sometimes looks isn't everything.
@ClarkRU curious if you have any updated input. I just now saw this thread again and must say, they look awesome. And if they were legitimate and lightweight I'd pick up a set possible for my PB.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
@ClarkRU curious if you have any updated input. I just now saw this thread again and must say, they look awesome. And if they were legitimate and lightweight I'd pick up a set possible for my PB.
I still have not seen been provided anything that shows they are certified ... The rep here on the forum is making claims they are but nothing to back it.

You can stamp anything on the wheel... it is forging. They shouldn't legally be able to but from the sources I have talked to they do it and enough people believe what they see and they see a stamp that makes claim to being "certified".

the last source i talked to said they have never sent a set of wheels in for certification because the certification was to costly.

I would love for that to change and maybe then I would be confident enough to buy a set

1 - 20 of 22 Posts