Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a bit early to ask, but I am obsessed with lighting but couldnt justify going to an ST3 just for this feature. If anyone has opinions/ advice on retrofitting this, I'm all ears!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I agree. Hopefully some of our more tech savvy members will figure this out soon. I'm going to try to do the heated seat mod for the ST2 Recaros, shouldn't be too hard-

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
This would be a good "How-to" post on the forum!

I agree. Hopefully some of our more tech savvy members will figure this out soon. I'm going to try to do the heated seat mod for the ST2 Recaros, shouldn't be too hard-

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I haven't really looked into this, but something I would be interested in as well. This weekend I'm hoping to have some time to paint my calipers red :)

I know this is probably a bit early to ask, but I am obsessed with lighting but couldnt justify going to an ST3 just for this feature. If anyone has opinions/ advice on retrofitting this, I'm all ears!

·
Registered
137 Posts
To retrofit the ambient lighting it would be costly and a PITA. There is lighting in the cup holders, in the map pockets, under the dash in the door handles and a few other places I am forgetting. Then there is fitting the color selector and dimmer overhead. You would be better off just making your own ambient lighting kit from aftermarket LED clusters and strips. Custom Dynamics would be an excellent place to start. They deal mostly in motorcycle aftermarket lighting but no reason you couldn't make something they offer work.

Custom Dynamics

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Garemlin, I just mentioned this in another thread - but I'll briefly repeat. I saw a kit - I believe on a Ford OEM parts site, that adds LED footwell lights and cup lights to the Focus. I didn't look into it, so it's likely for a different year. But if I stumble across it again today I'll look into it, post a link if it pertains, or let you all know if it was just an overpriced piece of garbage that isn't for our cars.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm a heavy DIY person but I think I'd pay to have the ambiant lighting added to the car. I didn't realize how cool it was until I saw picts. It's either see if ford sells a kit or wait till junkyars have ones available to bet removed and transplanted :). My guess is that's the only way

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
$250 + installation for ONE LED light for the cupholder area plus 2 LED bars for the footwells seems like a lot of $$. I guess you get the wiring and the controller to change the colors though. Still, that link Yellow put up just above had pretty much the same kit for $35. If it breaks, you can buy 5 or 6 more and still save $$.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm more thinking about the worry of self installation. Cost is higher but you're not gonna **** up your cupholders this way
I hear you, but you're still talking about just a couple of footwell lights - which no one will see, really - and 1 tiny single LED light plus some wires for $250. For $250 the kit should include the lights in the door handles, door pockets and all the other lights that come with the standard Ambient Lighting in the Focus:
ambient_lighting.jpg

Now if the kit came with all THOSE LEDs, it's be closer to being worth it. LEDs are pretty freaking cheap.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts