Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My center stack i guess you would call it, in front of the shifter beneath the radio/ac controls is always squeaking and creaking, my knee rests up against it on the drivers side. This is my biggest pet peeve with this car, its just this creaky cheap plastic. Just curious if i just need to take it in and have it replaced or if this is just the way it is

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's just the way it is, mine is the same, can't hear it over my engine noises and radio though.

If you want better interior, look into a Mk7 GTi/Golf R.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just the way it is, mine is the same, can't hear it over my engine noises and radio though.

If you want better interior, look into a Mk7 GTi/Golf R.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll stick with the ST its really my only gripe about it, i love the car. Just a little disappointing i had a 2012 focus se hatch and the center was not like this. If i remember correctly it was the soft touch material all the way down the sides

·
Registered
651 Posts
Nope, same in my car. Can't stand it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It's just how the cars are.

You could take it apart and try to minimize it with foam/tape or something.

In my old 98 Explorer, the center area where the cup holders were was the same type of hollow plastic as the ST and it made a bunch of noise. I ended up taking it apart and stuffing some old socks in there. Sure enough, the creaking stopped.

I sometimes wonder if whoever ended up with that truck ever took that console out and found all my socks :D

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
8500 miles on mine and no squeaks or rattles... yet.
You can take it in to the dealer or you can take the panel off and apply felt tape to quiet it down. Thats all you really need to do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I shoved small pieces of foam tape between various cracks on the left side of the AC controls and that reduced the creaking most of the way. It still happens if my knee presses against it though.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I shoved small pieces of foam tape between various cracks on the left side of the AC controls and that reduced the creaking most of the way. It still happens if my knee presses against it though.
lol, sometimes I will rest my knee against it to make it stop. I blame it mostly on the three stiff motor mounts though, then some blame on Ford. Once I get some free time and motivation i will be taking things apart and trying to dampen them with tape/foam/whatever i can find

1 - 9 of 9 Posts