Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nice Dude! I have a Shadow Black 2017 ST3, and while it looks great, it's effing impossible to keep "clean". Enjoy it, and welcome to the community!

·
Registered
11 Posts
It’s worth to pay extra for peace of mind. I currently have a 2018 st1 with 7k miles (weekend car) which I purchased new OTD 23k which is prob around retail at the time (maybe less). I’m sure I can get 18-20k if someone wanted a clean example of a Focus ST. I would say you got a deal especially since it’s an st2 with relatively low mileage!

FYI my ST is also black. Ceramic coat that bad boy ASAP. I’ve found Ford paint to be extremely soft.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It’s a performance based hot hatch. And they’re no longer in production which means demand rises, market conditions don’t mean crap to car dealerships. My cousin however just picked up a 16 ST with 70K miles for $16K with an exhaust, intake, sway bars, and lowering springs. Prices vary all over the place for them, if you want it bad enough then you’re not overpaying. If you think you’re over paying then you don’t want it bad enough.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just traded my 2017 in but it was only an ST1 with 46k miles. Had full bolt ons and short shifter and some other visual mods. Some dings and scratches too. The dealer gave me $13.5k in trade. I am in Southern WI but traded the car to a dealer in MO. They couldn't wait to get the car from me. They just sold 2 of them a few weeks prior. There is quite the demand for these things now!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do It. NICE looking, nice wheels. Also identical to my ST1 I paid a little under $21 for 7/18 new and now have 19k miles. Love it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A clean, low mileage ST2 and ST3 will become increasing difficult to find. And a beater ST is a poor value no matter what you pay. I paid $23,800 + tax for a 2018 ST3 with CPO extended warranty that was 8 months old with 11,000 miles. It's a great car. And at this price range, what's out there that's as much bang for the buck?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’d say this is a bit overpriced. I bought mine brand new in 2018, though it’s model year 17, the generation is the same. With taxes and registration I paid 22k out the door, the dealer even waved documentation fees.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the process of buying a 2018 ST2 with 14k miles on it, and the dealership is asking 22k out the door, won't budge. I can't find anything wrong with it, but I'm taking it to a mechanic to make sure. Is this a decent price or am I overpaying? Any advice on what to look for to make sure it's hasn't been messed with? Only thing I can see is a custom exhaust.
If CarGurus says it's a great deal, then it is. What is the "in service" date? Was it originally purchased in 2017 or was it later in 2018? This will tell you how much time you have left on the factory warranty. Obviously if you could buy one as nice as this one, with the same or lower miles, you would have already bought it, so if the things I told you to look for are good, then don't mooch too hard on the price, just buy it or you may wind up missing a deal trying to look for a deal.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I’d say this is a bit overpriced. I bought mine brand new in 2018, though it’s model year 17, the generation is the same. With taxes and registration I paid 22k out the door, the dealer even waved documentation fees.
ahhhh...but if you think about it, you are making the opposite point 😉

·
Registered
483 Posts

They sold you a brand new ST2 for 18.9k? If that’s accurate, you could literally sell it now & break even. There are no ST2/ST3’s listed under 20k right now with under 15k miles & one owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
They sold you a brand new ST2 for 18.9k? If that’s accurate, you could literally sell it now & break even. There are no ST2/ST3’s listed under 20k right now with under 15k miles & one owner.

Ah my mistake, mine is an ST1. That makes this a much better deal lol

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ah my mistake, mine is an ST1. That makes this a much better deal lol

As much as I try to talk myself into an ST1, I just don’t think I’d ever be happy with the 4” backup screen & all the buttons on the dash. The seats are comfortable but unfortunately aren’t offered in the ST3 pkg.

You still got a solid deal though, considering that the majority of ‘18 ST1’s listed right now with low miles are around 19-21k.

·
Registered
2017 Kona Blue ST1
5 Posts
I have come around to PokerRun's thinking. I think the sweet-spot in pricing was just around the time that Ford announced that they were no longer manufacturing the Focus (or any non-SUV cars with the exception of the Mustang) for the US market. Ford dealerships dumped their inventory. I was particularly lucky to get my new 2017 ST3 (then nearly a year old) in the spring of 2018 for almost 1/3 off of sticker. Now that these cars are only available as pre-owned, there is a finite number of them available, and even fewer ones that are low-mileage stock examples. Throw in further requirements like trim level, area code, included warranty, and a particular color, and it will be relatively hard to find exactly what you want in any given area. The laws of supply and demand will regulate the pricing.
I did the same thing, got a 2017 ST1 leftover in 2018. Between rebates and negotiating I saved around $6.5K; they were just unloading them. Now its worth more than I paid OTD.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts