Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I'm going crazy as trying both 12v accessory ports with several different USB adapters (multiple that are supposed to put out >2a). Any devices (several Samsung Galaxy's and OnePlus3/5 phones) I try to power off the socket take foreeevver to charge -- almost as if the output is in the ma ...not even standard 1a charging...

Before I wire up a custom port, I'd like to see if anyone measured possible output from the 12v accessory sockets? I'm going to try and measure it this week, but just wondering if anyone has already done so. For context, this is a Canadian '14 Focus ST ST3.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I have no problem with the acc sockets in my car(2015), they both read the same voltage as right at the battery and are at least fused with 10a fuses (as I have ran a 9a-10a device out of one. I often use a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0* charger that charges my phone up super fast from the front one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have an Anker 2.4a per port dual port unit permanently in the rear 12v plug with 6' cables run beside the seats and up to the front, easy to use and lots of accessibility.

This charges my S7 and my wife's Note 5 nearly as fast as the home super fast chargers, zero negatives. Also if I swap one Micro for a Lightning cable, it keeps my daughter's iPad charging and usable on road trips.

I'd check you charger first. Anything less than 1amp or 1000ma needs to be considered garbage unless it's proprietary. Autosensing 2a or 2000ma+ is what I consider the norm these days.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerDrive-iPhone-Galaxy/dp/B00VH84L5E

1 - 4 of 4 Posts