Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think about buying a bundle of stuff from Adams polishs.

But the question is what do i buy?

I have a white fost and this whole Catless thing I need that tough cutter to be able to clean it off the car.

Please help

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
150 Posts
Think about buying a bundle of stuff from Adams polishs.

But the question is what do i buy?

I have a white fost and this whole Catless thing I need that tough cutter to be able to clean it off the car.

Please help

Thanks in advance
I don't have a catless so I dont know this "problem" but on the car paint or exhaust tips?
I don't do anything 'special' for exhaust fumes/mess. I just wash it as normal. For exhaust tips, I just use a microfiber (a cheap one as you will ruin it quickly) and soap and wipe the outside of the exhaust tips and they shine. You could get some metal cleaner if it's really that bad but that's more expensive than soap haha...

Is this question more generic about detailing in general?? (If this is, you can check out the detailing section on the forums. It also probably answers your question too)
Focus ST Detailing

This thread should have been put into that section as well.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You came to the right place. I have spent about 2k with Adams and let me tell you, they are the best. So here are the basics for taking care of a focus ST.

Wheels and exhaust tips -VRT (and foam applicator) Adams wheel cleaner, Adams all purpose cleaner, wheel woolie, the deep clean brush, and short wheel brush. The short wheel brush has red bristles that are soft, and you will used this brush for the face of the wheel along with the wheel cleaner. You will use the wheel woolie along with the wheel cleaner to clean the barrels of the wheels. You will use the deep clean brush (dark red with harder bristles) to clean the tires, along with the all purpose cleaner. You will also use the wheel woolie along with all purpose cleaner to clean the exhaust tips. The VRT is for when your tires are dry. It makes your tires look so good, it's unbelievable. Not the cheap shiny look, but the slick racecar look

Exterior - You will want two buckets, and I recommend two wash pads. Either buy the car shampoo or the wash and wax for your car soap. You will want at least one great white drying towel. Pick up some wax, I recommend Americana paste wax. If you want even more shine, try adding some brilliant glaze on top of the wax.

Interior - leather and interior cleaner along with some border less utility towels. Also, leather conditioner with the red leather conditioner applicator pads. It will really make a difference on your leather. And don't forget some air fresheners, I've tried a lot of car air fresheners and Adams has the best by far. Not too strong but still great smelling

If you buy what I told you then you will be able to make your car look better than anyone else. Also, don't miss the videos in Adams website. I learned how to detail off those videos and I'm basically a professional now. Just look at my car.... You could even pick up a machine polisher down the road if you really want to get serious.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
This is my current stash :cool2:

IMG_0229.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts