Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

Registered
PFL Tangerine Scream / FBO Adapt-X
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Maybe he added aftermarket heated seats, or took the heating elements out of st3 seats. And that's what those wires are. Bc st1's don't have heated seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hood Product Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bag

He must have swapped seats or done something weird, the wiring harness under both seats is the same way I cant figure out how its supposed to go back together so I'm just going to return it to how it was and pray the air bags are still functional. At least he used heat shrink and fuses I guess 馃う

Registered
After market heated seats. That's kinda cool actually, I wonder where he got them I wants them for my st2

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
After market heated seats. That's kinda cool actually, I wonder where he got them I wants them for my st2

Soldered the wires back together and put it back how it was, no more dash lights. Im still mega worried about the air bag system though is it possible that it could be not functional still? or should I not worry since the dash lights went away?[/QUOTE]

Registered
I mean, if it were mine, I'd always be worried if they tapped INTO the airbag wires. Bc any sort of short or something to the heating pads could pop em. I'm not an expert on the wiring by any means. Your best bet would be to find a wiring diagram of that harness and see what wires they tapped.

Registered

Looks like a universal kit. Would have to remove the seat covers, place the heating pad/element where you want and place the covers back on and run wiring. Pretty simple job but fairly labor intensive.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I might just have to drop it off at a body shop I cant tell what all is tampered with and not oem aside from the heating elements. All I know is air bag lights come on when I remove the harness for the heating kit

Registered
The only mention of a violet wire in the air bag system I can see at the moment is for the seat belt tensioner.

Registered
So is that striped wire black and violet (black being main color) or violet and black (violet being main color?) Black violet is ground and the violet is the seat belt tensioner as stated which does go to the SRS computer.

Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The only mention of a violet wire in the air bag system I can see at the moment is for the seat belt tensioner.
Is it possible to buy the seat harness by itself? I looked on rock auto and didn't find it as a whole unit. Basically I want to replace everything that attaches to the main harness coming from the floor then re solder the purple + purple black how it should be.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So is that striped wire black and violet (black being main color) or violet and black (violet being main color?) Black violet is ground and the violet is the seat belt tensioner as stated which does go to the SRS computer.

View attachment 395851
It looks to be mainly black with violet stripes

Registered
Is it possible to buy the seat harness by itself? I looked on rock auto and didn't find it as a whole unit. Basically I want to replace everything that attaches to the main harness coming from the floor then re solder the purple + purple black how it should be.
I can't quite seem to find the harness but if it's the one that goes into the carpet, that's likely going to be the entire body harness which will NOT be cheap or easy to replace.

Are you by chance anywhere near WA state? If so, I may be able to help out. I design and sell harnesses to a lot of DoD contractors for missile and Radar systems plus was a Radar tech on one of the most complex systems in the Air Force. Wiring is my thing... :)

Registered
Also, if you put the wires back to how they were before the mod (color matched) and the light went off, I'd call it a day.

Registered
Yeah. ^^ that. If you really wanted to hook the seats warmers back up, just run them under the center console into the rear outlet.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I can't quite seem to find the harness but if it's the one that goes into the carpet, that's likely going to be the entire body harness which will NOT be cheap or easy to replace.

Are you by chance anywhere near WA state? If so, I may be able to help out. I design and sell harnesses to a lot of DoD contractors for missile and Radar systems plus was a Radar tech on one of the most complex systems in the Air Force. Wiring is my thing... :)
Sadly no I'm in Michigan and don't have much time to travel I greatly appreciate the offer and help though. The only wires coming from the body harness that were cut are those violet and violet/black wires. Its weird that I don't get the airbag light when they are routed to the seat warmers could this be due to the computer seeing some resistance there? Looks like I have no safety belt tensioners as of now thanks for pulling up that diagram man.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Also, if you put the wires back to how they were before the mod (color matched) and the light went off, I'd call it a day.
Ill have to do this. I got the light when I removed the wires from the seat warmers

Registered
Ill have to buy some wire of the same gage and solder it in between they cut the wires supper short at the terminal
Could also splice using a chunk of the stuff you just took out. You'll be hard pressed to find that exact wire color combination unless you wanna spend about $30 for 100 ft. I'd just take the black and splice that in to extend the wires.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts