Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
PFL Tangerine Scream / FBO Adapt-X
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know power and ground. What exactly are the other 3 wires. (PO cut the ground wire a bit short its in the trunk)
Gadget Audio equipment Electrical wiring Cable Wire

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I agree with @xafnyx and @StanE, although, if those grey wires were RCAs someone cut the ends off. Possibly some thicker gauge speaker wire for a sub.

I can't make out where this picture was taken? Almost looks like under the rear seat perhaps? I didn't think there would be room to mount an amp under there.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
I agree with @xafnyx and @StanE, although, if those grey wires were RCAs someone cut the ends off. Possibly some thicker gauge speaker wire for a sub.

I can't make out where this picture was taken? Almost looks like under the rear seat perhaps? I didn't think there would be room to mount an amp under there.
This is under the back seat - looks like whatever sub was in the hatch at some point was pulled out, the wires all chopped and the lot shoved under the back seat - out of sight out of mind!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

It is under the rear passenger seat. And it does look like all the wires were cut. Even the power wire by the battery is missing the terminal. I dont know how that benefitted anyone but assuming I can get all the necessary connections for the wires do I have everything to set up a sub/amp?

·
Super Moderator
10,075 Posts
It is under the rear passenger seat. And it does look like all the wires were cut. Even the power wire by the battery is missing the terminal. I dont know how that benefitted anyone but assuming I can get all the necessary connections for the wires do I have everything to set up a sub/amp?
Be safe...run all new wires. You would need to chase those wires end to end anyway to make sure they are not cut or shorting out on something.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also while you guys are at it can someone make sense of this ? (Under front passenger seat)
Automotive lighting Bumper Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Registered
108 Posts
At a minimum you'd have to re run a fresh set of RCAs. And if everything else was cut, unless it was too long to begin with, then it's likely too short now. So I'd either forget about it, or plan on. Redoing everything. By forget about it, I mean at least checking out the front side of those cables and ensuring they are actually safe. If they just hacked everything instead of loosening three screws and disconnecting two plugs, what kind of hack job/shortcuts did they leave elsewhere?

Reactions: Hot_mustard

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
[
Also while you guys are at it can someone make sense of this ? (Under front passenger seat) View attachment 395822
That's ugly, they tapped into the seat harness to splice something. You will need to trace where they are going. Guessing power and ground for some accessory but no clue what. Disconnect the battery, peel back the tape and see if you can remove and re seal whatever they tapped.

Let us know if they lead to anything or if they just cut more wires 🤦

If you ask @SSgtjrobertson nicely and provide a picture of the color of wires on the harness, they might be able to pin point what they tapped into.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At a minimum you'd have to re run a fresh set of RCAs. And if everything else was cut, unless it was too long to begin with, then it's likely too short now. So I'd either forget about it, or plan on. Redoing everything. By forget about it, I mean at least checking out the front side of those cables and ensuring they are actually safe. If they just hacked everything instead of loosening three screws and disconnecting two plugs, what kind of hack job/shortcuts did they leave elsewhere?
Good point man Ill have to set some time aside to tear everything out, I dont care too much about having a sound system I just figured if its already set up why not.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[

That's ugly, they tapped into the seat harness to splice something. You will need to trace where they are going. Guessing power and ground for some accessory but no clue what. Disconnect the battery, peel back the tape and see if you can remove and re seal whatever they tapped.

If you ask @SSgtjrobertson nicely and provide a picture of the color of wires on the harness, they might be able to pin point what they tapped into.
Looks like im pulling the seat out this weekend, will update on the nonsense.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks like im pulling the seat out this weekend, will update on the nonsense.
I am sure you already know but you should disconnect the battery completely before moving those wires around. IF they were dumb and didn't put a fuse on there, that's an easy way to burn down your car. All it will take is a slight drag against ground and "bye bye Focus."

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[

So this is what I pulled out, one end tapped into the purple and purple/black seat harness wires the two white plugs went to the seat warming system as far as I could tell. The seat warmers worked from factory im assuming was PO trying to get more heat? This doesn't make sense to me
Road surface Asphalt Wood Wire Concrete

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put the harness back in without the jerry rigged wires now im left with an oem power/ground plug but I cant seem to find where it plugs into. Do ST1s not have working passenger heated seats ?
Hand Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire

·
Registered
2015 Focus ST / Stratified Tune
70 Posts
So this is what I pulled out, one end tapped into the purple and purple/black seat harness wires the two white plugs went to the seat warming system as far as I could tell. The seat warmers worked from factory im assuming was PO trying to get more heat? This doesn't make sense to me
Lmao they were probably just tapping into that fuse since it's a known fuse that will provide power when the vehicle is running.
Not sure what those white connectors would go to though... Possibly some proprietary amp remote trigger?

·
Registered
2015 Focus ST / Stratified Tune
70 Posts
I put the harness back in without the jerry rigged wires now im left with an oem power/ground plug but I cant seem to find where it plugs into. Do ST1s not have working passenger heated seats ?
Nope, only ST3s (with full leather seats) are heated. I'm surprised your ST1 has that plug though... interesting.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Maybe he added aftermarket heated seats, or took the heating elements out of st3 seats. And that's what those wires are. Bc st1's don't have heated seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 54 Posts