Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all on my second ST in a year and its just as awesome the second time around! First one was the grey and within a week of owning car it was battered pretty good from hail. Got it fixed and within four days it was rear ended. Decided to get rid of it and get a truck. Loved the truck but it wasn't as much fun as the ST, so here we are now. Traded in the truck on a 2017 Black ST1. Just ordered the mountune MP275. Already put the RS engine cover and intake box on it. This is just the beginning hopefully my wallet can handle it! Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Compact car

·
Registered
455 Posts
What does it sound like without the symposer? I like having sound but if it sounds better without I'm all for it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Idk if its the same with all the ST's but mine was brand new and i bought it easter of this year and the symposer has really never worked right.. sometimes i can hear the motor sometimes not, seems like anything below 2700-3000rpm and you dont hear anything..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
What does it sound like without the symposer? I like having sound but if it sounds better without I'm all for it

With the stock exhaust your ST will be very quiet. With an aftermarket catback, you'll get some nice engine noise. I have the Mountune catback, and that one doesn't provide a whole lot of noise. I had the MBRP, and that one was too boomy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am thinking aboat the mp 275

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I know it's probably been beat to death on this forum, but for me it makes the most sense. I get the warm and fuzzy of having a warranty. And another reason is Ford is not going to partner with a company that doesn't produce OEM quality parts. Yeah the cost of admission is a little high but I feel very comfortable in my purchase knowing it's backed by the ol' blue oval.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much did dealer say to install?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Also I talked to the dealer about installing and they told me $900 after another one told me they would not install the parts. Bare in mind that any ASE certified mechanic can do the install to keep the warranty intact. I've gotten estimates between $900 and $450. Just ask around

·
Registered
80 Posts
I will be joining you on this adventure. I only have 700 miles on my St thats a daily driver with lots of twisties between home and work. Warranty being the biggest selling point of Mountune. I am actually waiting to hear back from several ASE shops on install quotes. The mountune maps look great for most the driving I do everyday; never really get out of 4th gear or just short shift to 6th. Once I get past the drive train warranty I plan on paying for the strat tunes and upgrading the IC with an FMIC.

I do have one problem with the install rules for the bolt-ons requiring a Tech to install the air filter, low restriction pipe and flash the ECU.

Even the IC is not a big task. IMO

Also I talked to the dealer about installing and they told me $900 after another one told me they would not install the parts. Bare in mind that any ASE certified mechanic can do the install to keep the warranty intact. I've gotten estimates between $900 and $450. Just ask around

1 - 18 of 18 Posts