Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to be honest i wish i researched this before buying it. I've seen others with the same issues i had. So biggest issue is that this was not even close to being shapped for the ST. It took a lot of reheating and a homemadE jig to get it remotely close. 2nd biggest issue was that the holes drilled were not spaced right. In the install instructions it says align center hole with splash center hole. That would be great if the center hole was drilled right. If you notice in the pic the hole with the screw is where i measured center. Due to this i had issues putting it on even. Once i fixed that and reshaped it. I needed a good 2 hours to install it. Had to redrill more holes and even still im worried one good brush on a curb and itll split since where one hole drilled by seller has a good split next to it.

Looks wise it looks good once you get past all the install issues. Would i recommend it? No not really. I'd suggest saving $100 more and order a proper chin from somewhere else.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Came out on my work break and saw the passenger side has popped loose. Guess even adding hardware to keep it on it still is so tense it couldn't hold. After work ill add some bolts with washers to the ends and see if its strong enough. Le sigh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts