Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've put a deposit down on a 2015 ST with the Recaro seats with the cloth inserts (the only option in Australia) and I'm a bit concerned about the seats. I'm 6'2" and 100kgs and the seats feel a bit tight and my back was a bit sore after half an hour test drive. I don't want to not purchase the car because of the seats. Has anyone else had any issues and have the seats "freed" up a bit after a while? I have read the uncomfortable seat post on this forum but want some feedback from people around my size. TIA

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm 6'4 280 pounds and the seats definitely loosen up after a couple months of ownership. The only thing I wish they would do is go a bit lower. If they are hurting your back and not just feeling "tight" I would maybe take another test drive in a base model and see if you miss the added bits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spirit, only option in Australia is the recaro seats. I am looking into this car now and sat in my friends the other day only for about a few mintues and the seats were very "tight", but I can't really comment from what I have read you get used to them.

Just wondering what price you are paying Roney537?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I have organised to have the car for a few hours on Saturday morning to take it for a good run up through the hills before I make a final decision. But I think I'll be buying it... worst case scenario I'll just put a set of Brides or something in it.

Optix, I'm paying $35K for a black ST with Tech pack with 30,000 kms. I really wanted the Grey though, but this worked out well with the trade in I had.

What are you looking at?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
4,368 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
6'5 300 lbs
I broke em in well and they're very comfortable now

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's what you big guys get for pushing us little guys around when growing up....uncomfortable seats

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
The back is fine for me. I had trouble with the bottom wings cutting into my hip bones (I am big-boned). I did the plastic insert delete on the bottom and they are perfect now. I don't know if you can do that to the back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Small price to pay Wheelhopper :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I've found a pretty comfortable position now, so I'll see if it wears in a bit now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts