1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes, I'm all for supporting US manufacturing but have to SMH @ the good ole UAW "quality is job #1" judging by all the panel alignment and other QC issues reported by customers. Not to mention my own experiences...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree on the change is good.... the hatch panel alignment on mine sucks but I am afraid to let anyone touch it and make it worse. Not to mention a couple small paint defects and interior panel fit and finish. I guess you can say our cars have "character".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't put much faith in a poorly written, highly biased conservative blog.
There have been several other articles released today about this.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The UAW wants too much money to put cars together poorly.

We can be pro Merica all we want but it's a simple matter of Ford being a business. A business survives off of profit. So all cost to make them here are transferred to the Consumer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After driving imports my whole life, seeing the "Assembled in Michigan sticker" on my ST and my Mustang felt special to me. O well.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Slightly lowered msrp in the near future perhaps?
I wouldn't count on it, but we have a better chance of prices not inflating further at least.

Reactions: CarGlo ST

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree with the others. Business is business. Henry Ford hated unions from the beginning. Now look what the UAW is doing. Demanding higher prices for lower quality work. Let the Mexicans take a crack at it. They often work harder and for less. I won't get into the politics of it, but I will say this. Ford produces automobiles all over the world. So if we move a plant, it's not great for U.S. jobs, but at least the profits are coming back to America.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
There have been several other articles released today about this.
his story is written with doom & gloom fearmongering without mentioning that Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant, which currently makes the small cars, will be getting new products under a contract signed last year with the United Auto Workers union. They will likely be larger, more profitable vehicles like the Ford Ranger pickup.
AKA: POORLY WRITTEN, Highly Biased.

·
Registered
353 Posts
his story is written with doom & gloom fearmongering without mentioning that Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant, which currently makes the small cars, will be getting new products under a contract signed last year with the United Auto Workers union. They will likely be larger, more profitable vehicles like the Ford Ranger pickup.
AKA: POORLY WRITTEN, Highly Biased.
I dont know, I hope the photos i just saw of the new ranger are not its final format cause that thing is nasty.

·
Registered
119 Posts
USA Today?

Maybe a change up with a new assembly plant is a good thing. My brand new 2016 had a front right fender that was so crooked it cracked paint off the front of the passenger side door. I understand it happens, but how the car managed to get from the plant, through QA, and out to a dealer without anyone noticing it is beyond me.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The UAW wants too much money to put cars together poorly.

We can be pro Merica all we want but it's a simple matter of Ford being a business. A business survives off of profit. So all cost to make them here are transferred to the Consumer.
Judging the way most STs are screwed together, I'll go ahead and say change is a good thing in this case.
Exactly. This is the result of a capitalist economy. The UAW is making it too costly to produce here and Mexico can do it cheaper and it looks like they can do it better in most cases too. VAG cars are ranking higher than they ever have recently in quality after the switch to Mexico so to Ford it seems like a no-brainer.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
I find it funny that most Americans want everything made in the US but when it comes time to purchase those items made in the US they complain about the price of them. So the manufactures react to this and make them elsewhere then the people complain again. So it's a lose lose situation so if you are going to "lose" why not make more money doing it. In the end it is business. Businesses need to make money.

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.