Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
updated: 9-3-2015, beginning revision. Sorry, only 10 Attachments per post.

Terms(Verbage)Recall, TSB, SSM
Recall: Usually safety related. Get it done as soon as possible. Go here to find out if a recall available for your vehicle: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html

TSB: Technical Service Bulletin. Not a recall. Diagnostic Tips and prescribed maintenance fixes from Ford to the dealer. If you have one of the issues listed below and are under warranty you may be able to get the service departments to perform the maintenance prescribed below. If you don't have the issue but would prefer to have the fixes done anyhow then that is on you. An example would be for updating the software on the individual modules.

SSM: Special Service Messages, generally an acknowledgement that an issue exists and Ford Technical is looking into a possible fix.

All records obtained using multiple member VIN# and Ford OASIS

View attachment tsb13-02-04.pdf Sync USB connector sunk in or broken
View attachment tsb13-06-27.pdf IPC software update...Even if you dont have an issue, step 4 requires the software update to be done. Use this to get the 4 quadrant.
View attachment tsb13-03-11.pdf GPS module for navigation issue. Software update TSB.
View attachment tsb13-12-04.pdf Improper fuel guage readings. Distance to empty issues.
View attachment tsb13-09-07.pdf Signal return splice fix. Fixxes hunting idle and stalling issues....ST Recalled over this specific issue. Check this site to find out if your car is associated with the recall: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/RecallsPage
Recall maintenance procedures: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fa0vje50njwbfdp/Repair-How to.PDF?dl=0
View attachment tsb13-04-14.pdf Sony 10 speaker system problems associated with DSP. Software update.
View attachment tsb13-12-09.pdf Low Speed Strut noise. Fixed with Silicone grease.
View attachment tsb13-06-06.pdf Intelligent Key Fob dome light lock/unlock issues. Body control module. Software update.
View attachment tsb13-12-13.pdf Intelligent Key PEPS access Inoperative. Internal parts dirty.
View attachment tsb13-12-03.pdf Supersedes TSB 13-6-10. Procedural change. Infamous shift-bang.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
TSB Continuation (only 10 attachments per post, sorry)

View attachment tsb14-0037.pdf GPSM Navigation display offset (incorrect position) - Reprogram GPSM to latest calibration
View attachment tsb13-04-10.pdf Dome Lamp INOP under certain conditions
View attachment tsb13-12-06.pdf Water Leak on front passenger side floor from climate control
View attachment tsb13-10-06.pdf MyFord Touch issues - Supercedes 13-8-2
New as of 7-21-14
View attachment tsb14-0124.pdf Beeping Sound Symposer - PCM software update to fix
View attachment tsb14-0112.pdf Fueling Problems

View attachment tsb14-0206.pdf Overhead Console Loose or Rattling
View attachment tsb15-0034.pdf Update/change to 13-12-4
TSB15-0037 Headliner Rattle or Sag around Roof Opening
TSB-0039 Engine Idle Fluctuation

Attachments

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Thanks for the massive write up! I had the 1-2 bang tsb done and have not had any issues yet. Car feels much better than before tsb

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is so much more info. They are onto the people who have engine failures as they put out a video on engine diagnosis if suspected modification have been done.

There is a small amount of info on some kind of special procedure if you have had the FRPP modification done. They is videos for special clutch maintenance procedures. Several others. I can also check multiple vins so if someone with a build date of 2012 and late 2013 wants to pm a vin # I can pull specifics for those vehicles. Apparently they came out with atleast 3 revisions in 2013 so newer/better info should be available.

Sent via Tapatalk using Galaxy Note 2

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the massive write up! I had the 1-2 bang tsb done and have not had any issues yet. Car feels much better than before tsb

There is tons of info I actually need some help putting it together in some kind of order. I WAS able to post the actual PDF files for ALL the TSB's so a lot of the info is just duplicated from those.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Oooooo so they are trying to catch people who have modifications. Not cool ford. This is the reason I haven't done anything yet. I had a coolant recirc line blow and the tech try to blame it on my aftermarket shifter.....all I have is a Cobb shift knob Lol.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Good info thanks!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a link to the OASIS RSS NewsFeed. While Not specific to the ST it should give everyone access to a daily feed to ALL things for all FORDS with new ST info whenever it comes down.

OASIS Broadcast Messages

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
outdatted info removed

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
jdub1981,

Thank you so much for all of this.

Now for the dumb question. On Fords owners website, there is an option for an annual online subcription for the shop manual and they say TBS, etc. Do you know if this is accurate or is this what you doing? I don't mind paying, just want to make sure I am getting what I am perceiving.

Again, thanks for all your hard work.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jdub1981,

Thank you so much for all of this.

Now for the dumb question. On Fords owners website, there is an option for an annual online subcription for the shop manual and they say TBS, etc. Do you know if this is accurate or is this what you doing? I don't mind paying, just want to make sure I am getting what I am perceiving.

Again, thanks for all your hard work.
All the info posted by me came from www.motorcraftservice.com . I payed something like $10.95 for 72hours access. The biggest benefit I see is you get to use Fords OASIS system. You simply enter your Vin and you get Bombarded with info for everything related. Ie maintenance videos, advanced troubleshooting methods, TSB's etc. Honestly though for right now I wouldn't re purchase if I were you. I'd follow that newsfeed link and check it once a week. Any new info to be found in OASIS will be found there first.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for posting this! Gonna print off a few of these and take them to the dealer
There is a new video someone posted of the new IPC update. Lots of new screens it look like.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I know I have an issue with the miles to empty on my 4 way. The other night when I filled up it told me I only had 32 miles to empty, but when I finished filling up it only took 9.4 gallons and I was averaging 26.9 mpg. I was also driving like an old granny following the shift light cues on the dash. Gonna have to ask the dealer about this TSB when I go in for my oil change next month.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
All the info posted by me came from www.motorcraftservice.com . I payed something like $10.95 for 72hours access. The biggest benefit I see is you get to use Fords OASIS system. You simply enter your Vin and you get Bombarded with info for everything related. Ie maintenance videos, advanced troubleshooting methods, TSB's etc. Honestly though for right now I wouldn't re purchase if I were you. I'd follow that newsfeed link and check it once a week. Any new info to be found in OASIS will be found there first.

Thanks, I will follow your lead.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I know I have an issue with the miles to empty on my 4 way. The other night when I filled up it told me I only had 32 miles to empty, but when I finished filling up it only took 9.4 gallons and I was averaging 26.9 mpg. I was also driving like an old granny following the shift light cues on the dash. Gonna have to ask the dealer about this TSB when I go in for my oil change next month.
Also wondering about this.

Got my car yesterday, with a full tank. Have a half now, but it reads under 100 to empty. Reset the computer too.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also wondering about this.

Got my car yesterday, with a full tank. Have a half now, but it reads under 100 to empty. Reset the computer too.
I'm getting my IPC update tomorrow that allows me to get the cool startup screen and quadrant display. I'll let you know the results of the mileage change.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts