Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
You're supposed to be hard on it when you first get it, that's Fords recommendation. Run the car through ALL bands of the RPM range and do not let it sit at the same RPM for long periods of time while breaking in. You did good @poletrain

·
Registered
104 Posts
I definitely cheated and pushed my car way harder than I should have during break in. Too impatient, but you're going to have a ton of fun
same here, was doing highway pulls against some modded POS on my way back from the dealer.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
same here, was doing highway pulls against some modded POS on my way back from the dealer.
My car only had 15k on it when I bought it used from a dealer in perfect condition, it had an intake, tint, and Boomba BOV/RMM. STs are rare around here, and I've only seen maybe 10 in the wild in a year...but I pulled out of my dealer and hit the highway within 3 miles and ran into a black ST who gave me a wave and a thumbs up and I revved at him and did a pull. So within 3 miles of buying my car I already ran it how it should be ran. Felt good :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine is currently at ~600. I try to baby it but there are those moments from 2'nd through 3'rd where my foot feels a little heavier.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My routine was wait for engine to come off high idle and drive away babying it till 1/4 mark on oil temp. After that any thing goes.

Still waiting on 2K miles to do my change over to Redline.

Edit: Added English

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
530 Posts
You're supposed to be hard on it when you first get it, that's Fords recommendation. Run the car through ALL bands of the RPM range and do not let it sit at the same RPM for long periods of time while breaking in. You did good @poletrain
Minus 250 miles I put on it during the first day coming home from the dealer on the highway and as such all at a solid rpm. I tried to downshift every now and then but I wasn't about to row back and forth between 5th and 6th for 3 hours haha

Regardless, I'm not worried, if break in was as crucial as it is debated about on various forums, nobody's car would be running anymore. I was more careful than others which is good enough for me

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Minus 250 miles I put on it during the first day coming home from the dealer on the highway and as such all at a solid rpm. I tried to downshift every now and then but I wasn't about to row back and forth between 5th and 6th for 3 hours haha

Regardless, I'm not worried, if break in was as crucial as it is debated about on various forums, nobody's car would be running anymore. I was more careful than others which is good enough for me
As long as you gave her a good few pedal messages after that trip so she got a good workout you're fine.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I whipped the sh*t out of mine for the first 1,000 miles and then dumped the oil.

That's more of a proper break-in than being scared of red line for a thousand miles.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You waited that long? My car was stage 2 by 500 miles and had a couple dyno runs in. Good job change the oil and tune that b!tch
Sistomper, You are one of the best outliers in our little data set know as focusst.org.

Did you have stage 1 installed in the dealership parking lot?

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Sistomper, You are one of the best outliers in our little data set know as focusst.org.

Did you have stage 1 installed in the dealership parking lot?
No about a 2 weeks after I bought the car I actually started with the Steeda power package I hate to admit.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
No about a 2 weeks after I bought the car I actually started with the Steeda power package I hate to admit.
after 5k post and probably similiar hours on the car you've probably learned a few things since your naive early days. Luckily a lot of us don't have to because you did!

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Got on mine, on the initial trip home from the dealer. Started modding within 300mi. Tuned it around 1200 or so miles. Didn't dump my oil until 2500 miles. Will do it again at 5000k, and will start running full synth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts