Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the RS came out and we all got to see pictures of the airbox on it I figured someone would break out the Dremel and modify the stock ST box to resemble the RS airbox, but I guess no one has done this yet?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been thinking about going to my Ford dealer to see how much the lid is, if it's available separately.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've been thinking about going to my Ford dealer to see how much the lid is, if it's available separately.
I think you have to buy the whole box for around $50. Just swap the lid though. The thought to dremel yours may be there, but look at how the top of the RS box seals to the hood. It wouldn't be the same (if there's even any benefit to the RS lid).

·
Registered
42 Posts
My RS airbox just came in, been on backorder for a month, it was $72 out the door which didn't seem unreasonable. I'd post pics but @Baxter has it handled, nothing new to offer. I tried to get them to get me just the lid but the lid itself doesn't have an independent part number to be able to place an order on FWIW.

Reactions: CaliJoe

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My RS airbox just came in, been on backorder for a month, it was $72 out the door which didn't seem unreasonable. I'd post pics but @Baxter has it handled, nothing new to offer. I tried to get them to get me just the lid but the lid itself doesn't have an independent part number to be able to place an order on FWIW.
Mind sharing with us where you got it from? I've seen so many different prices on different sites. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mind sharing with us where you got it from? I've seen so many different prices on different sites. Much appreciated.
Ended up just getting it from the local Ford dealership down the street.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
i saw another thread on here where someont cut the top open. Also someone else cut off most of the box but left the arch ring that helps hold the filter in place, not needed with a hose clamp like what comes with a cobb or green filter for example.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I was just looking into this today at my Ford dealer but they wanted $130 for it :serious:

Yeah you can't just buy the lid :disappointed:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Does anyone have the Ford part number? I've google it but just find them out of the UK with a different pn.

·
Registered
162 Posts
All the local dealers in my said the RS box was on backorder. So I contacted Roush and asked if they could sell me just the open box lid with the seal from their CAI kit. Kinda pricey for what it is, but I'm happy with it. Auto part Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Subcompact car Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior Hood

1 - 20 of 59 Posts