Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2015 is missing one of the rubber grommets that the feet of the air box slide into. I have a CPE intake and one of the aluminum feet is just floating in the open hole were the grommet should be.

Any ideas on how I can source one of these? I have had no luck finding one on my own. If purchasing one is not an option, any thoughts on what I can do to build something that will work easily?

I've attached a pic of the exact part I need.

Thanks,

Brad

IMG_20171224_085200059_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Type in that part number on the grommet to Google.

Sent from another galaxy.
Hi Unfocused,

I tried that. Nothing comes up. I tried on a couple of Ford parts sites and still nothing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Search quirkparts.com I’ve always had really good luck there, it’s very similar to the vehicle break-downs my work has to pay for. lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm trying to picture what function this serves. So the rubber grommet fits in the hole and the foot just rests on/in it?
If that's the case I think it might be easier to find a substitute than finding the part. Is that the function of the grommet? How big is the hole? I might have a couple ideas.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm trying to picture what function this serves. So the rubber grommet fits in the hole and the foot just rests on/in it?
If that's the case I think it might be easier to find a substitute than finding the part. Is that the function of the grommet? How big is the hole? I might have a couple ideas.

You got it! It's an isolator for movement/vibrations. Without it my intake has a small amount of movement and the foot rubs up against the edge of the open hole. Without measuring it and from memory I think it's about 2" or less in diameter; so its not very big.

I don't have a picture of the hole that is missing the grommet/foot/insulator/isolator or whatever the heck it's called.

Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great pic! That is exactly the part I'm missing. If I can't find the part without purchasing the whole bracket, I will have to come up with another solution as I don't think it's worth having to hunt down the whole bracket for just one small, removeable rubber grommet thingy.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It possibly could. It would have to be larger in diameter than the hole (by like 1/2 inch) and I would have to shave it down (to fit in the hole) and leave a lip at the top.

Of course I would have to really measure the hole before doing something like that.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think it is. You can see the ridges. The part you have a picture of with the beginning CJ54 takes you to foreign websites. I was looking for a part that was part of a part ( lol) and low and behold it was the same exact part that Hummer uses hence the Hummer parts website

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
You guys and gals are my favorites!!!! The best community ever!!!

That site for deciphering part codes is amazing. Great find.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts